• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A Hell of a Fight Coming

I joined the NRA after seeing how they modified the Obamacare bill - pretty shrewd. I think I will send them some more money, as well. I also hope to attend the public gatherings and take my kids as a lesson in civics. I have written all representatives and will continue to. I have a feeling that much of what this President does, the next one will undo (with regard to gun rights) but who knows.

We need every one to call or email congress Ive already done that and from the replies Ive gotten back Ga is safe they for the most part will not vote for any ban so from what Ive been told its the other states leaders we have to worrie about, and I dont know how we can handel that. ITS NOT GA. WE HAVE TO BE WORRYING ABOUT

We need every one to call or email congress Ive already done that and from the replies Ive gotten back Ga is safe they for the most part will not vote for any ban so from what Ive been told its the other states leaders we have to worrie about, and I dont know how we can handel that. ITS NOT GA. WE HAVE TO BE WORRYING ABOUT

You're right Don, the focus needs to be of a national scope.

Apathy isn't going to keep gun rights. Sorry if my passion for the Second Amendment is too much. This is an emotional issue for me, the Second Amendment allows for the preservation of all of the rest. Like I said, sometimes my enthusiasm for gun rights gets me riled up, but it is directed at a single person.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, I did not.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome.

I could not agree more with that statement. I am waiting to give money to fight this. I am a member of both the NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Does it really matter what we do now? In the next election another bunch of clowns will be elected/re-elected with the same anti-gun mindset. They will have received votes from people who amazingly enough, own firearms. And yes, there will even be people elected who SAID they were pro-gun but in the end will give away more rights in the interest of "bi-partsanship". I guess you need to ask yourself who is the less of two evils when voting and how much you value the Second Amendment over other issues like welfare, taxation, etc. As far as I am concerned, we all will have to make a decision one day as to how much we will comply with new laws and regulations. Obama and his gang of fools are going to make a new round of firearm regs. There WILL be another tragedy, unfortunately in another school, mall, etc. in the future and once again we will be back in the same spot facing ANOTHER battle. The Democrats will be screaming with the press that the tradgedy occured because the evil Republicans and the NRA had opposed their "common sense" gun control. We will keep sliding down the slope incrementally one shooting tragedy after another, one round of "common sense gun control" act after another. One day we as gun owners will have to decide wether to comply or take a route of "civil disobediance".

I think 99.9% of the members on the ODT or very, very, pro 2 amendment or they wouldnt be here. It doest matter who voted for who Ill take anyone that agrees with my rights to buy any damm gun or 100 round mag that I want.

Does it really matter what we do now? In the next election another bunch of clowns will be elected/re-elected with the same anti-gun mindset. They will have received votes from people who amazingly enough, own firearms. And yes, there will even be people elected who SAID they were pro-gun but in the end will give away more rights in the interest of "bi-partsanship". I guess you need to ask yourself who is the less of two evils when voting and how much you value the Second Amendment over other issues like welfare, taxation, etc. As far as I am concerned, we all will have to make a decision one day as to how much we will comply with new laws and regulations. Obama and his gang of fools are going to make a new round of firearm regs. There WILL be another tragedy, unfortunately in another school, mall, etc. in the future and once again we will be back in the same spot facing ANOTHER battle. The Democrats will be screaming with the press that the tradgedy occured because the evil Republicans and the NRA had opposed their "common sense" gun control. We will keep sliding down the slope incrementally one shooting tragedy after another, one round of "common sense gun control" act after another. One day we as gun owners will have to decide wether to comply or take a route of "civil disobediance".

I guess how much it matters depends on how willing you are to let your rights slip through your fingers.

Matters to me a great deal. Apparently it doesn't matter to over half the American voting population-how else can you explain Harry Reid, Feinstein, Biden, and Obama receiving as many votes as they did. How many times do you have to tell people what can happen if these people and people like them get elected? How many times must the NRA send out phone calls and letters with warnings and reccomendations every election only to be ignored? Americans are starting to remind me of the Germans who thought Hitler's Gun control Act of 1936 was a good idea. It too was passed as a "common sense gun control act".

Back
Top Bottom