• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A man's love for the AK47...

Stannicus

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
84   0
Reaction score
Hey guys at least three to four times a day I sit and think about my undying love for the AK47. Is there something wrong with me? I mean Im prior military and have shot everything from M240D to Gau 16's, Ive even had multiple AR's. But at the end of the day there is just nothing like a mans Kalashnikov. Any other AK lovers out there? Give me your main reason for choosing your AK when it matters most. (I mean other than the fact that its the most reliable sh*t ever). Lets see some pics from the AK purists out there. 2012-06-05_16-11-57_9.jpg2012-07-10_08-28-11_596.jpg2011-12-04_19-30-13_73.jpg
As the pics show I am very fond the the Avtomat Kalashnikov.

Last edited:
I love um just as much! It's such a simple design. I've had more expensive guns that I know we're reliable but the notion they might fail is still there. That never crosses my mind with the ak. If I could only have one rifle.... It would be the ak-47. It's all the rifle you will ever need.

Simple design, functional, practical, a 'working man's' rifle that goes to work and does the job. Body dropping stopping power and limited recoil. Heck, I gave my son a WASR for his 10th Birthday and he was hitting 300m targets in a week!
Like you, I'm prior mil/ L.E. and handled all sorts of weapons as well as keep a nice varied collection, my true love is the AK. It's my go anywhere, do anything rifle!

Simple design, functional, practical, a 'working man's' rifle that goes to work and does the job. Body dropping stopping power and limited recoil. Heck, I gave my son a WASR for his 10th Birthday and he was hitting 300m targets in a week!
Like you, I'm prior mil/ L.E. and handled all sorts of weapons as well as keep a nice varied collection, my true love is the AK. It's my go anywhere, do anything rifle!

Is he a soldier? HAHA...

My eight year old loves the Polish Tantal. Gotta love that 5.45 round.

Attachments

• Range Day 009.jpg
    Range Day 009.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 35
I do not have that undying love for the AK47, and personally feel its reputation for reliability is sometimes overstated. I've had AKs fail to feed/fire/extract. They're tough for sure, but I wouldn't assume they're incapable of malfunctioning. The main reason I do not care for them is because they suffer from inaccuracy (as compared to an M1A or AR15, for example) inherent to the simple, robust design that allows them to endure such abuse. I also feel like I'm holing a youth rifle every time I shoulder one - stock is way too short.

Back
Top Bottom