• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Members Poll:; Should I receive negative feedback on a non purchase ?

Should I get bad Feedback??

• Yes.

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll take it" is the forum eqivalent to "signing on the dotted line"...Negative feedback is a bit ticky tack in this case, but 100% acceptable. The lesson is do not post "I'll take it", send PM with your exact desire to examine and 99% buy after feeling it up...

Would you still want to leave Neg. feed back if the buyer said two days before the meet "Hey Mr.Seller my transmission in my truck just took a poop, and I have to use the money to repair it." ? Probably not! Ya they could be lying to you, but what if there not? I had a member say they would take it. Met me that night to look at it asked me if I would hold it till the next weekend. The member texted me on friday and they told me sorry but something came up and couldn't buy it. I was alittle disappointed, but I didn't leave Neg feedback. I don't know what there situation is. I just reposted it and sold it a few hours later. It all works out in the end. Remember KARMA is a $%#$%#$%#$%#$%#!

Once again, like in another thread that ran way to long today, all worked up over something you can not control. I do not know the details and will not give an opinion either way. I have always heard, and experiance has proven it, that there are always three sides to every story. your side,my side and what realy happened.

An I'll take it means that you have no problem with the price of the item advertised. The only way out or an I'll take it (without going against your word) is if he showed up with a gun other than advertised. I'm not sure that I would leave negative feed back but the seller has every right if he feels that it is worthy of negative feedback

Sorry dude, but "I'll take it" means just that. Others have said they wouldn't have left negative feedback but would've engaged in public humiliation, but what's the difference here? I've missed out on a few good items because I wouldn't post "I'll take it" because I wasn't 100% sure about it. In my opinion it's always best to just send a PM to get negotiations going and if it doesn't work out, it wasn't meant to be. I will never say "I'll take it" on something I'm not 100% sure on. What happened to the seller has happened to me before (not on ODT) and I was not a happy camper. I might not leave negative feedback, but IMHO that is the sellers call.

I am fairly new to OT but I have had a couple of dealings with a few of the folks. I also have dealt a lot on ebay on purchases of all kinds of goods both as a buyer and a seller. In most cases I have found that a lot boils down to communication when doing a deal of any kind. I believe that when you indicated you would "take the deal" you then owed it to the seller to continue a dialogue until the very end to the mutual satisfaction of both parties. When you found another deal as you indicated, even though the price was "lower", you should have made it a point to communicate to the seller and give him the opportunity to respond. Especially in view of the fact that you agreed to meet for a look. If as you indicated, you were unfamiliar with the item, and wanted to see it before commiting and then found it was not something you really wanted the seller probably would have understood. Even though he had other people interested, they could have also found other deals which would then have left the seller without the ability to sell the item. The negative feedback might be a bit harsh, but Steve is justified in putting it on you to straighten out. All the communication your willing to do now should have been done when the deal was in process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom