• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A Members Poll:; Should I receive negative feedback on a non purchase ?

Should I get bad Feedback??

• Yes.

Votes: 83 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 39 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry nman but my 2 cents worth is your word is what makes or breaks you here or in life. I'll take it means just that and you have already known what prices are before you say i'll take it. I'm not saying that i would or would not have left neg feedback but i can understand why it was.

Your poll ain't looking to good bro!
I didn't bother to vote cause I just don't get that uptight over a private transaction. Live and learn and move on (whether buying or selling) is the way I approach it.
But......you did make the dreaded statement......just saying.

This seems a bit touchy to me. On one hand you did say that you would take it, on the other you told him after that, that you werent 100% sure being that you never held one before. I think this should go under a "special" tab. Because the seller could have handled it better but so could you. I personally think it should be under a nuetrual feedback rating because you didnt under toe him and bought one cheaper (but you did tell him that you werent sure until holding it which you then could have backed out and then the story would be different.) It should be a no fault no harm type deal. He got his money (very fast) and you got a gun you werent 100% about at a lower cost which doesn't hurt you as bad. To put simply SH. (sh*t happens)

Here's one for you I sent a msg to a seller that had an item I like he sent me numerous email's even called and talked to me on the phone wanted the deal to go thru this afternoon 2 hrs after he said he would call i called him NO ANSWER then I sent him an email to him asking about the deal he changed his mind. Took a couple hours out of my day emailing pictures an so forth just for him to back out when I logged in tonight I checked his feed back he has a neg -1 for the exact same reason he chenged his mind and didnt go thru with the deal. The guy is new to the forum regestered Mar 2011 and has backed out of two deals just to repost his weapon and try again. This guy doesn't need negative feed back HE NEEDS THE BOOT!
I'll Get off my soapbox now as for the question at hand no you do not deserve a negative feedback even if you to had met up you looked at the gun and deceided you didn't want it thats your right until you hold something in your hand and say yes this is what I want here is your money you can and should be able to change your mind.
And to you who say that after you type I'LL take it you go thru with the deal no matter what lets say you looked at the gun and the barrel was shot out you still going to buy? What if there is a crack in the nearly perfect stock you still going to buy? Better think again about saying it's a done deal I go thru with it no matter what after I say I will after looking at a picture online and a few back and forth TXT.

Damn dude, are you really a doctor? I know doctors have crappy handwriting, but that was the hardest post I've ever tried to read!!

One of the things I like about this place is that it operates for the most part under some rather "old fashioned" rules:
Honor
Integrity
Respect
Honesty
REAL compassion and charity
Your word is EVERYTHING!!!

This site, this forum, is like a safe haven for those of us for which the above mentioned virtues are still just that: VIRTUES!!

If you are telling this story truthfully, and I have no reason to suspect otherwise, then "I'll take it" means I WILL TAKE IT! SOLD!! Unless there is a very good extenuating circumstance, you have bought it! Finding it cheaper somewhere else IS NOT an extenuating circumstance! You bite the bullet, make the deal, and move on, but your REPUTATION and HONOR remain intact!

Leaving a negative feedback is wholly within the perogative of the seller in this case. Given the circumstances of the incident, I probably would not have done that......but I would most assuredly NOT do business with that individual again, and if anyone asked, I'd tell my story and advise "Caveat Emptor".

Having said all of that......I would venture to guess that both gentlemen involved in this incident are honorable and good men. I think this is a case of bad communication gone BAD! to the potential buyer I say "lesson learned" and move on. To the potential seller I say....mercy is a recipricol virtue.

Of course.....that's just my $0.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

Unfortunately I have to agree with others in this post the proper way to express concern about item that you might be interested buying is not "I'll take it" If i'm ever just interested in a item I will PM the seller with my intentions or simply post them on topic wall. It is ultimately the seller or buyers choice on the feedback although I have always thought of the feedback score as something that would only be used in the event of a completed deal or an error at the meet. (ie. the other party didn't show, lied about quality or condition, changed price or context of the deal.) Bad feedback can ruin someone on a forum such as this. I personally expect %100 before I meet a random stranger to exchange firearms but I will read deeper into negative feedback if it's an item I really want. Sorry bud I guess just be careful with your words next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom