A Particular EO affecting this very site

SOLGardener

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
O has signed an EO stating that there would be federal assistance to FFL's in assisting private sellers in background checks. That amounts to no off the books sales. FFL's will surely have to document the guns they help check.

Further, it's unconstitutional as it exceeds interstate commerce limitations.

The normal background check doesn't document the firearm Just a yes or no for the buyer

But I'm sure the commies won't pass up a chance to document every sale

Yep, the EO says it will send letter out to assist dealers with conducting background checks for private sales, BUT it still does not make them mandatory.

So, no change.

The EO does absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. Why are folks so intent on seeing what isn't there?

There is a miniscule statistical probability that aliens from another planet could be sitting on my couch when I get home from work - should I be paranoid about it?

If and when an actual bill is introduced, then we can react accordingly. To scream about something that does not yet exist makes us look [put your own word here].

If and when an actual bill is introduced, then we can react accordingly. To scream about something that does not yet exist makes us look [put your own word here].

Sorry guys. I guess I read too much into it. I just figure it'll lead to more efforts to keep sales from going undocumented.

While we certainly should not be getting hysterical, I do think that being proactive on this is far better than waiting for legislation to be introduced. It can be a short period of time from introduction to passage. Your legislators need to hear a sensible but firm opinion from you before the bills get introduced.

Back
Top Bottom