• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

I think all these people that want the government to approve and vet the people that they sell a gun too are going to be real happy when Biden, Schumer and Nancy start issuing gun ownership permits. Yaaaaay !

You assume they would issue one - I'd bet it will be a "may issue" policy. You must show why you REALLY need it, but regardless of your reason none will be issued.

I think all these people that want the government to approve and vet the people that they sell a gun too are going to be real happy when Biden, Schumer and Nancy start issuing gun ownership permits. Yaaaaay !
Well now I believe you have stretched the point of the whole argument about as far as you possibly can....SMDH

I think the balance in the HoR is too close for a move such as going full permit. Not an EO type of edict, nor a USSC-2A proof action (legislated or not.) There are too many HoR seats that hang by getting tagged as anti-2A, IMO. That means no law would pass and an EO would cause the House to flip in 2022.

You give a lot more credit to the House than I think you'll find is due.

There may be a few Dems that aren't totally anti-2A, but they will toe the party line on signature legislation. The Dems are brutal enforcers. On the GOP side we'll see some RINOs defect, and the GOP can't enforce a pro-gun stance to save it's life.

The Senate is where we have the best chance to stop things, as long as the Dems don't get rid of the filibuster. If they do that it'll probably all come down to Manchin (D-W. VA).

And I think that you are wrong about that.

But I'm glad to see that the "I'm more freedom minded than you because of the way you choose to sell your stuff" virtue signaling seems to be working for you.

Thanks for recommending I look that term up, by the way.

And I think that you are wrong about that.

But I'm glad to see that the "I'm more freedom minded than you because of the way you choose to sell your stuff" virtue signaling seems to be working for you.

Thanks for recommending I look that term up, by the way.

You still aint over that Virtue Signaling comment, That's Good. Let it burn.
Make adjustments.

Why am I wrong ?
You admit that you trust the state of Georgia to limit your gun sales to the very few gun owners that have chosen to get the state issued Junior G-man badge. Why would you not trust the feds to do the same thing ?
Like I said before, Some people are comforted by the rules, control and safety that government provides and some aint. Yard Bird

You still aint over that Virtue Signaling comment, That's Good. Let it burn.

Nope. Just not over hypocrisy.

Why am I wrong ?
You admit that you trust the state of Georgia to limit your gun sales to the very few gun owners that have chosen to get the state issued Junior G-man badge. Why would you not trust the feds to do the same thing ?
Like I said before, Some people are comforted by the rules, control and safety that government provides and some aint. Yard Bird

I've learned that you can tell when you've won an argument based on when the other person insults you rather than try to refute your argument. And since you decided to call me a "yard bird", I'll graciously take my win and walk.

I don’t need any of the info, that’s why it’s a “quick peek”. I just want to do my best to ensure I’m not selling to a prohibited person. Call it plausible deniability if something nefarious were to happen in the future involving the firearm I’m selling.

You will never see that listed on an ad from me, I use a number of items in deciding to do a deal, I don’t have that many trades, but I been at this a lot of years, but think about number of trades, what are they offering in trade or sale, age, type of language they use in communication, if you got doubts get a name check social media, I turned down a deal awhile back because the man seem too enthusiastic about doing the deal. He was willing to drive too far, offered too much, just didn’t like the way he communicated or pestering me. By the same token I made sale a short while back to a young Latino man with 0 transactions, based it on how he communicated, the fact he would do business in front of the Douglasville Police Dept. Sometimes you go to meet and have to walk away, a deal to meet is just that, it’s not a deal to sell or buy.

Reactions: rgo
Back
Top Bottom