• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

Don’t know about others, my reason is that if my gun shows up at a crime scene I want to be able to pass a lie detector.
‘Yes officer, I sold it, and did my best to assure that the buyer was legal.’
YMMV
In the state of Georgia you are not compelled to do your best to prove to yourself that the buyer is legitimate

Just to make sure they’re most likely not selling to a felon that’s refrained from purchasing a firearm legally. The thinking is, if you can clear the background check and obtain a CCW, you’re gtg so sellers did their “due diligence”. Also obviously to see if you’re of legal age to own a firearm (pistol).
You are not compelled in the state of Georgia as the private seller of a firearm to do any "due diligence" as you so put it... You are not an FFL dealer nor are you law enforcement and there is no law in the state of Georgia that requires you to be even a fraction thereof when it comes to a private sale

First of all I'd like to say I have not read all 22 pages...so far...of these comments...
Secondly in the state of Georgia we as private sellers of firearms are not required to by law to identify the person in any manner whatsoever before during or after the transaction that we are selling to...
And quite frankly those of you that think we should do so are quite ridiculous...
I have privately bought and sold many many firearms in this state and not once have I ever asked for ID/GWCL or ever written a bill of sale nor have I ever been asked for ID/GWCL or to sign a bill of sale...
If for some reason a firearm you sold ends up being used in a crime just tell the truth if that situation arises...
I've had firearms that I purchased from FFL dealers that were stolen from me and never came back that they were used in a crime...
Some of you guys are your own worst enemy

I have a dissenting opinion on the “CCW Peek” methodology. It doesn’t add any real value. Any peace-of-mind derived from the process is purely imputed.

My reasoning is based on the fact that I don’t carry. I collect and I plink and I protect. I keep one in my vehicle, and one in the nightstand and maybe a couple of other backup hiding places. But if you don’t like the outcome, walk away.

Back
Top Bottom