• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A reliable 1911....

1911 with non-hp ammo will work great, and if it's the more modern version like Springfield loaded then most hp will work as well

if the proper ammo is used for the model of 1911 you own you can trust your life to it, the design is old but still works to this day so that says something

Another
i96.photobucket.com_albums_l172_snickelson1_e6635a8c_4056_4103_8fe0_e2f98e9562c7_zpskc0fvfga.jpg
now thats what im talking about....a well broke in loose shooter still accurate but well broke in! tight guns lock and gum up easy..one that has been loved is more relaable.... but always need springs and tweeking extractor and mainspring and trigger bar and saftey spring plunger and barrel link and slide stop and staking of the plunger housing..you know stuff like that!!

look i love 1911s..but most of you who say they never give any trouble dont shoot them that often... and stay in the safe just look at the treads in the classifieds..safe queen less than 100 rounds, only comes out to impress your friends..look how shinny it is..beautiful guns..but run them and see what happens..

I run as many rounds through a 1911 every year as probably anybody here and while I totally agree with you, I would add that this statement is true of every other firearm as well. If it's mechanical, it can and will fail eventually.

One of the best foot in mouth moments I ever witnessed was this self proclaimed high speed SWAT dickhead on day 1 of a 5 day class at Gunsite in Arizona who was literally mocking everyone else for bringing a backup gun because he ran a Glock 17, and everyone knows they don't malfunction. Not even 2 hours into the first morning dude breaks his firing pin and is stuck asking who has a loaner he can run for the next 4 1/2 days.

50k rounds. Much respect. I would love to find the gun I want to put that many through and focus on doing just that

I honestly don't know how many. My dad used that gun as a firearms instructor for 15 years. Some weeks it only saw a couple hundred rounds, some weeks it saw 1000+. I probably haven't shot 100 rounds through it in my life.

I do carry it sometimes.

The colt in the second picture was his CCW. I gave it to him as a gift probably 20 years ago.

They're very reliable...will shoot any ammo I've put in mine.....now if your talking a BLOCK now that's a diffrent story...you mite as well be using a slingshot...lol...they're more trustworthy...or a hi point and know they're reliable....lol

That's the craziest post of the thread. Nobody has ever accused Glocks of being unreliable. I think they are ugly, cheap, utilitarian, and about the most reliable handgun on the market. I don't love them, but more often than not I'm trusting my life and the lives of those I love to one.

I run as many rounds through a 1911 every year as probably anybody here and while I totally agree with you, I would add that this statement is true of every other firearm as well. If it's mechanical, it can and will fail eventually.

One of the best foot in mouth moments I ever witnessed was this self proclaimed high speed SWAT dickhead on day 1 of a 5 day class at Gunsite in Arizona who was literally mocking everyone else for bringing a backup gun because he ran a Glock 17, and everyone knows they don't malfunction. Not even 2 hours into the first morning dude breaks his firing pin and is stuck asking who has a loaner he can run for the next 4 1/2 days.
I agree..but i see more with the 1911s that the glocks...i have had a trigger bar spring failure in a glock 17 with over 100k rounds and one broken guide rod ..but that about it on my end...

Back
Top Bottom