• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A year from now you may wish you had started today

I'm really curious about the 15 crypto coins... but too lazy to look them all up. Ethereum is up though; like 45%-ish.

That's still a hell of a return, even if not 3300% like 2021.

send this guy a request for input

1671386368422.png

One can pick and choose time ranges and specific coins and show significant gains, but if you invested $3000 one year ago today in these 15 specific currencies your investment would have a value of about $788 :(

A $200 investment in Ethereum one year ago would have a value today of about $60.

But the thing is, how does one know what company is worth investing in? All these companies look good on paper, and can have a good following. Some people are bearish investors and others can be bullish. I'll use Whiting Petroleum for example. I invested in their company, Bought $25 of stock when it was about $1.35 a share. Once the stock started to rise a lot of other people were talking about it. Few months later, they did a split and I lost basically all my investment. Petroleum is a high commodity/neccessary item, but if the company cant weather storms when they come or make great decisions, the holder loses money. So to me, investing is gambling because no stock/company can guarantee their future/survival and you take a risk on hoping that the company can provide you a return, whether its dividends or rising stock prices.
Wasn’t the stock split a good thing? Whiting petroleum today is $68.00 per share. That seems to equate to a 2.5K return on a $25.00 investment if you kept it this long. Or am I missing the boat? Admittedly not an investor.

One can pick and choose time ranges and specific coins and show significant gains, but if you invested $3000 one year ago today in these 15 specific currencies your investment would have a value of about $788 :(

A $200 investment in Ethereum one year ago would have a value today of about $60.
Yeah, that's the analysis I was looking for. The OP showed $3k turned into $130K in 2021... but now that $130K would be about $40K today, based on your numbers. Still a hell of a run from 2020 or earlier, but too late to get in on it.

send this guy a request for input

View attachment 5098879
Ironically, the popularity of centralized exchanges like FTX helped to fuel the rise of cryptocurrencies.
It was speculated in 2020 that 95% of all crypto transactions were conducted using one of the centralized exchanges.
The failure of one of the largest exchange, FTX, highlights the risk in these unregulated exchanges. :(

Its just an imaginary currency. They are not fungible.
BAM! There it is! Robert Kiyosaki the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad said he doesn'tinvest in anything printed. That means stocks bonds securities derivatives etc. He owns real estate, metals, oil wells etc. I tend to think he's on to something.

To paraphrase something I heard a long time ago

If you see a bandwagon, it is too late to make money. You gotta be involved in making the wheels yo get rich
Seriously! One of the videos I watched said that if the hot tip has already made all the way down to us common folks then it's WAY too late.

Back
Top Bottom