• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors BOGO on 1911's: FAIL

But they were golden the other day when the BOGO was in effect.Oh well,I have been there one time bought a Mossberg Bolt action rifle for 209.95,Only time I ever went.In and out in 15/20 minutes.That was my experience with AO.

I knew this place long ago when he first started up in Smyrna. The owners name is Jay something....he started in a little place in the corner of Jonquil Plaza on Atlanta Rd. At Spring Rd. as Smyrna Pawn. Dude was a asshole back then to us as kids, he was an ass to us as teenagers when he moved to Windy Hill, same when we grew into young adults and now it seems as if things have not changed. It appears that it has rubbed off into the crap store that is run now....I won't ever spend a penny in that place.

Last edited:
I went there one time and one time only. Stood around for 30 mins trying to get help and no one offered to help me. Hey I'm not going to ask you to spend money. Contrast that to Cherokee Gun and Pawn who on Black Friday that place was wall to wall people I had guys asking me if I needed help and I was already being helped!

AO is a case of getting so big you lose focus on the customer.

With regards to the BOGO I just got this email from Sig:

Terms and conditions: Promotion ends April 30, 2014. Participating dealers only. Supplies are limited. Check with your participating dealer for availability. State restrictions where applicable. You must purchase one of the six full-size 1911 pistols to receive a FREE 1911-22. Pistol is free. Transfers fees, taxes and all other costs are assumed by the consumer. Offer subject to on-hand inventory and not necessarily model depicted.* Call your local dealer to determine participation.** SIG SAUER reserves the right to discontinue all offers and promotions without prior notification.

Just fyi, that's a deal from Sig not exclusive to AO. Any Sig dealer should be able to get you that same deal.

I went in this morning to get a box of .22 and went to look at the shotguns as I am in the market for a used turkey gun and its going to be my first one so I am not to sure what to look for so I asked the person behind the counter figuring since that was his section he would know. he pointed at a few then when I asked him what he looks for in a good turkey gun he goes "ummmm..... well........ a long barrel,...... cammo,...... choke. I know I don't know much about hunting shotguns but at least I can admit it this guy was clueless and sounded half retarded

I used to buy frequently from them 10-18 years ago. They had friendly staff that took time to explain things...i remember "dakota" i think was his name in particular. Then over the last few years they have really gone downhill with service. Snotty know it all associates, no acknowledgement, long wait times, etc. Im done also. Many new and hungry for businesses to go to...4th armory is close to them and my nee go to place, or great prices and fast shipping online. I am suprised they dont have someone from AO here on odt. If they did they would know they are losing business, IF they cared....

Back
Top Bottom