• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Adventure Outdoors has great ammo sales this weekend... Yes, Adventure Outdoors...

Chitown....I think some have had past experiences, some don't like the 'big retailer' - over 10,000 firearms in stock, and some don't like the politics associated with the owner. It is very polarizing to some. it would probably be 100 different stories from 100 different people.

I got a little turned off when their prices went up during the 'scare' - even though the supply was still there... but hey, it is a free market in America. I still check things out- love going in to look stuff... as the store is impressive, and pick up some things when the deal presents itself - like this ammo. I also like the range.

help; a new brother out....why do we hate so much?

img3.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20130504072315_fallout_images_c_c4_Kirk_you_must_be_new_here.png

I stopped in AO the other day since I was in the area. I purchased a Glock from them over a year ago and had a very pleasant experience other than the upcharge to use a credit card to pay. I just wanted to go in to browse this time around and had another good experience. Everyone was polite, had lots of ammo including a little .22lr, and overall it wasn't a bad experience. Some of the ammo was way overpriced but other ammo was actually priced very competitively. Does this mean it will be my "go to" place or first place I check when I am on the market for a new gun, absolutely not. Does it mean I will send any of my guns there for service, absolutely not. I went over to the Glock section (yes, I am a fanboy) and they had some very good prices (cash price obviously :mad:) but still, they had the 42 for $399 and the 30S for $530 which I thought were great prices. The 30S is on my short list. The guy behind the gun counter was very polite and had no problem letting me fondle any gun I wanted.

Chitown....I think some have had past experiences, some don't like the 'big retailer' - over 10,000 firearms in stock, and some don't like the politics associated with the owner. It is very polarizing to some. it would probably be 100 different stories from 100 different people.

I got a little turned off when their prices went up during the 'scare' - even though the supply was still there... but hey, it is a free market in America. I still check things out- love going in to look stuff... as the store is impressive, and pick up some things when the deal presents itself - like this ammo. I also like the range.
but there are like 1000 complaints by a bunch of different people for the same and different stuff

for instance everyone hates the 3% credit card charge they try to pass off as a cash discount.

and the ammo is not too bad, but when ya add in time and tax it cost the same as ordering it direct to your door IMO

Back
Top Bottom