• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure Outdoors

GaCracker63

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
26   1
Reaction score
I decided to stop by Adventure Outdoors on the way back from Helen this week. Well I was very disappointed, they did not have enough people to handle the customers, and the one's they did have seem to be more frustrated than attentive to the customers. They had one employee quit while we were in there. I had emailed them before I went looking for a black gun in 308, and was told I would need to give them model number, or make and model before they could let me know what they had. I might have just caught them at a bad time, one of my employee's bought a gun there and said he wouldn't go back either, but decided to try it for myself. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems, or liked the store. Thanks

One thing I noticed was the lack of visibility of the sales stickers. I need to bring a set of binos next time so I can see what the price is without having to wait 1/2 hour to get assistance. I went to Ed's on Wednesday and they had huge price stickers you could see from across the floor! Bigger IS better!!!

They do seems to have some change over issues, but in my opinion that should be taken care of before the move or should be handled by now. I have been a couple of times and never had a "bad" experience. The employees were attentive, but both times I have been they were not busy at all. They have a inventory of what they have on their site. I would check there first, then when you know what you want, give them a call.

I've bought 4 from AO with never a problem. Once even had a salesman spend almost an hour with me opening bolsters trying to find one that fit.

I haven't been to the new location yet though.

The prices on guns are fair, but the service sucks. Huge store same tired merchandise. The store is just not worth a damn. I have been there a couple times and have left disappointed on all occasions. Thumbs down for that store.

Not trying to bash them, was just frustrated, guess I pumped myself up to much. It is proble hard to find someone knowledgeable about guns, and good at retail sales, if they would focus on the one they are talking to and smile and inform other customers be with you in min. people understand.

I only went once (about two weeks ago) and was disappointed. Not sure what I was expecting but a warehouse atmosphere and a bunch of arrogant employees was not it. They advertise a million things on their website that they don't actually carry in the store (my bad for not calling) but the salespeople were not helpful at all. I chalked it up to the move and pre-Christmas atmosphere but I don't know if I'll go back. I'd rather support a store closer to home or a good online store.

this topic has been discussed in a couple threads. i think what it boils down to is AO= crappy service, great prices, whereas other gun shops may have excellent service and higher prices. it all depends on personal preference but personally ill put up with crappy service to save $50-$75 on a gun.

Back
Top Bottom