• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice: Castech heads/ 3rd row

Sequoia. I have an 05 or 06 (I forget the year I think they are the same) Limited 4x4. Love it. I think we have about 130k miles on it and have had zero issues. I did a timing belt around 120k miles, change the oil often, new brakes and rotors a year or so ago. solid car. We specifically wanted the Limited and looked around a lot for a low mileage one, plus we wanted the second row captains chairs (instead of the bench). You loose passenger seating for one (only 7 now) but with adults in the back, it's way more comfortable, plus you can remove the center console in the back and makes it easier for kids to get in and out of the very back seats. Took me a long time to find the 4x4 with the 4 captains chairs.

I have no idea what they are going for these days, I guess in the back of my head I had assumed in the $10-12k range. I had guessed ours was lower mileage as we didn't drive it all the time in the past.

Friends have Tahoes but I think the Seqouia is more dependable but that could just be me. For sure it's bigger inside.

Reactions: MRM
So I went with the 02 Sequoia limited 4x4.
113k, $ 6,700 otd
There are a few trim items that need addressing.
A good cleaning is due.
A little rust underneath, but not bad.
Drives solid.
I expected the air not to work as this year had some issues, but, a new system would be new so no big deal.
The 9-10k dollar difference between that and the 08 sr5 4x4 5.7 with 132k was good enough to get the 02.
Maybe later I will get a 5.7
(No insurance difference though with my current provider)

Back
Top Bottom