• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on AR pistol

I just assembled a .300 Blackout AR15 style pistol with 7.5" barrel. Never really thought I needed one of these things until recently.

The specific are:

Anderson Manufacturing lower receiver
DPMS Lower Parts Kit
KAK /Shockwave Blade arm brace along with matching buffer tube, spring and buffer.
Generic flat top upper with 1:8 twist moly chrome barrel with faux "Flaming Pig" muzzle attachment.
Generic MILSPEC Bolt Carrier Group
Genuine MAGPUL BUIS (Front and Rear)
Aimpoint PRO Red Dot

Below is the .300 Blackout AR style pistol (bottom gun pictured) along with a BATFE Form 1 SBR (top gun pictured). As a size comparison also shown is a Springfield Arms 1911A1.

Now that BATFE has stated it's OK to occasionally shoulder the wrist/Arm brace of an AR15 style pistol. I see a LOT more people assembling these kinds of set ups.

Regards,

Rob

SBR top_AR style pistol bottom.JPG

g
I just assembled a .300 Blackout AR15 style pistol with 7.5" barrel. Never really thought I needed one of these things until recently.

The specific are:

Anderson Manufacturing lower receiver
DPMS Lower Parts Kit
KAK /Shockwave Blade arm brace along with matching buffer tube, spring and buffer.
Generic flat top upper with 1:8 twist moly chrome barrel with faux "Flaming Pig" muzzle attachment.
Generic MILSPEC Bolt Carrier Group
Genuine MAGPUL BUIS (Front and Rear)
Aimpoint PRO Red Dot

Below is the .300 Blackout AR style pistol (bottom gun pictured) along with a BATFE Form 1 SBR (top gun pictured). As a size comparison also shown is a Springfield Arms 1911A1.

Now that BATFE has stated it's OK to occasionally shoulder the wrist/Arm brace of an AR15 style pistol. I see a LOT more people assembling these kinds of set ups.

Regards,

Rob

View attachment 1193098
The pistol AR is longer than the short barrel AR. Humm? Nice rigs though. AR's and 1911 two of my favorite guns.

My ears hurt just looking at that thing. Those Miculek breaks are ear splittlingly loud, and on that short of a barrel? :bolt:

It was deafening, my head was pretty much engulfed in flame. I would never shoot it without ear protection with the muzzle brake on.

So I pulled it off and popped on a Noveske Flaming Pig. Much better!

IMG_20170530_084644.jpg

It was deafening, my head was pretty much engulfed in flame. I would never shoot it without ear protection with the muzzle brake on.

So I pulled it off and popped on a Noveske Flaming Pig. Much better!

View attachment 1194594
Good choice. I can't even imagine the headache. And just FYI, even with a can on it, a barrel that short is still going to be north of 140db. I'd wear ears even with a can.

My ears hurt just looking at that thing. Those Miculek breaks are ear splittlingly loud, and on that short of a barrel? :bolt:
I put one on my 6.8 build. I was shooting and parting my friends hair when it went off. LOL.. He got up and moved down a couple of benches. I had put my Bore Stores gun socks on that bench and every time I shot it, it blew the sock off that bench. I ended having to move it back to the tables behind us. I wish you could have seen the look on his face when that first blast of pressure hit the side of his face. LMFAO. It was Huuularious! I put those comps on a few of my guns just to see people when that air parts their hair and they look at me like ( You A hole! ). He He. I double up on ear protection when I shoot those guns.

Back
Top Bottom