• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

After 20 some years I finally scratched the itch

Romax

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score
1991 SS 454 with 112k miles. Wanted one for years. Kids are now grown so it's time for my beautiful bride and I to spoil ourselves a little. As I walked out to pick it up she mumbled "hardwood floors next month." And I'm okay with that.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 211
Upgrade the brakes. I wanted one many years ago till I tried to stop the one I test drove. I'd put a hydro boost system on it if possible. Performance trucks .net has how to threads on the swap.

Clean looking. They did a H/C/I swap in Spike TV many years ago on one against a 1st gen Lightning that got a turbo. The 454 lost, but made fantastic power for not a huge amount of money.

NICE !
I have always admired these trucks as well. I have even considered building my own version. I thought about an 88-93 roller stepside with an era correct non-stock 454 in it but with a 5 speed and 2:73 or 3:08 posi rear end. Painted red with black paint on the bottom, leveled out, cowl hood, dual exhaust, black wheels and wider tires.

Thanks guys! I'm planning to do a few tasteful mods. Cowl hood, rear disc brake conversion, maybe some more modern wheels and headers and true dual exhaust plus a chip. I don't plan on pushing the stock engine to hard. It has pretty good power off the line but I can tell its pretty corked down right now.

Back
Top Bottom