• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Age Old Question. (Wranglers)

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Is it worth buying an already modified Jeep Wrangler and hope you get one that was well taken care of and rarely off road. Or do you buy one completely stock with only street miles and spend all the money adding the accessories you want?

Going to drive like **** no matter what. So save the money and time if it has things you want on it. I have a love hste relationship with mine.

My wife only drives 10,000 miles per year at most so she's willing to sacrifice comfort for the experience of Jeep ownership. So she says now.

I've driven one for 15 years now as my primary. It's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Get a hardtop. Allows for more secure locking in parking lots and cuts down on wind noise at highway speeds.

Most modified wranglers don’t see much off road time. If it’s lifted, I would want to know who installed the lift. People selling a modified wrangler will never recoup the cost of the modifications, so it may be less expensive to buy one already modified if it was well cared for. Then again, if you can find a good deal on a stock 6 cylinder wrangler, it’s more satisfying in the end if you go through the build process yourself and pick everything out exactly as you want it.

Most modified wranglers don’t see much off road time. If it’s lifted, I would want to know who installed the lift. People selling a modified wrangler will never recoup the cost of the modifications, so it may be less expensive to buy one already modified if it was well cared for. Then again, if you can find a good deal on a stock 6 cylinder wrangler, it’s more satisfying in the end if you go through the build process yourself and pick everything out exactly as you want it.

My wife wants to drive it stock. I told my wife we will not own a stock Wrangler.

Buy a stocker, build what you want.

Most of the lifted Jeeps you see on the roads are just low end overpriced "builds" that give mall crawlers a bad name. Cheap lifts, silly wheels with big tires without regearing, stupid lighting.....

Just saw a Wrangler on 33-35's with 3.2_ gears. I am curious the 0-60 times.

Back
Top Bottom