• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Age Old Question. (Wranglers)

From what my bank was telling me if you are looking to use a loan on it look for one as close to stock as possible. They told me it was due to quality of collateral on the loan, they look at the heavily modded jeeps as a toy instead of daily driver. But if it were a cash purchase I'd go with one that has the modifications you want already done if they've been done by a professional not the "driveway mechanic" who owned it before.

Lifting a Wrangler is cheap and easy. Doing it correctly is expensive and a lot of work.

Guess which type lift is most often found on a "for sail" wrangler?

For what people are charging for their Wranglers, even for the 20 year old 4cyl models with no A/C and manual drive are priced at 6-8k with obvious rust and crappy interiors. The ones in the 4k range most likely won't run more than a few blocks before heating up or stalling out.

I'd rather buy a pickup with the better value than what Wranglers are going for. It's become a status symbol & all the older models are all of a sudden collectibles.....

I am seeing brand new lifted Wranglers up and down the East Coast with 35x12.50R18s, but mainly in Florida I see 35x12.50R20s. Anything in the stock 17", is tucked nice and neat away in the corner of the dealership.

If you buy a stock one well maintained get ready to spend plenty to modify it properly. If you buy one already modified get ready to spend money on redoing it properly. I have purchased Jeeps both modified and un-modified. They both will cost you one way or another. Maintenance items are inexpensive to do yourself, but some modifications (like re gearing) require extensive knowledge to be done right.
Everything I have purchased required maintenance. You'd be surprised how little most people don't pay attention to simple things like brakes, fluid changes, u joints, etc.

Back
Top Bottom