• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aggressive Dog on Property

There’s also such thing as the wrong move at the wrong time.
Remember that reporter who stuck his face right in the GSD police dogs face? If not, they had to cut to commercial pretty quickly. When they returned, he had bandages on his chin and more on his forehead. Good wingspan on that pup.

I seriously doubt that dog would’ve done the same to a kid but GSD’s are smart. Probably a lefty reporter.

YouTube has the video
That reporter didn't get enough......

I was walking in my neighborhood couple months back and hes on my left behind me...we got a bunch of stray cats he likes to try and play with. And the house im in front of lets their dog who sneaks up through crunchy leaves.

Now my dog is on a 16 foot leash in my righ hand as far left as he can get.

The leaves scared him and i knew it was the neighbors dog.. by the time i turned my head to confirm that yea its the dog...my dog has the leash maxxed out all 16 feet on the other side...on a hill with me in between

Some watch dog lol.
Sure is a pretty pup though!

Our last dog (Catahoula Curr) was a phenomenal guard dog and very territorial...when she was at our house. Outside of the house she was easy to get along with and for the most part passive. We took her to a farmers market to walk around (on a leash of course) and a lady walked right up to her, got on her knees and grabbed both sides of her head to pet her. No warning, no slow and cautious movements, just all at once! I pulled Ellie back (she did not growl or show aggression, luckily) and informed the woman that her behavior was unacceptable and that was a good way to get mauled...she said, "I love dogs, and they always love me"! Some people are completely delusional, one thing I am sure of is that animals are ALWAYS gonna be animals.
Yep, that is a fact. I always try to go slow with a strange animal. But a LE dog is a different animal. Every handler I ever met said, yea my dog bites. And they ain't kiddin either

I was attacked by my grandparents German Shepard when I was a kid. I had played with him many times until the day he attacked me. Was laying on the ground petting him and he lunges for my head puncturing my ear and scalp. I scream for my dad who was in the house with grandparents. He and my brother pull the dog off me and as I am running toward the house the dog breaks free and latches his teeth under my armpit. Still have the scars to this day. Turns out grandpa had been tying him up at night to keep him from roaming and he had a sore under his collar. I must have rubbed the collar and that was all it took for him to become a terror.
So all you "awe the dog wont hurt you, just make friends" folks can KMA.
Fast forward to the present.

New house goes up in 2021 on the vacant 1/2 acre lot next to mine. Lady moves in with a german shepard and puts up a fence then puts the dog pen right next to our property. The dog barks non stop every time I am in my back yard. Even sitting on my 2nd story deck he sees me and barks non stop. I try to be your "good neighbor" and explain the issue. She does nothing about it. Called animal control and they basically do nothing.
Shepard is now gone and she has 2 boxers that do the same damn thing. She tells a neighbor walking her dog to stay on the other side of the street as her dogs are trained attack dogs. I can't even be on my property without their harassment. Have grand kids playing and the dogs go nuts. I have tried to explain to her that its just not right that I can't enjoy my own property. She does nothing so I call animal control. Still nothing happens.
When she had just the one boxer it got out and was on my property and aggressive. I tried to be a good neighbor and called her. She acted like no big deal.
A week ago I came bounding around the back of my house to my work area and both Boxers are growling and lunging at me, in my back yard! I got into the house as fast as possible. Scared the absolute s___ out of me, taken by surprise on MY property! Called animal control but she had the dogs back inside by then... the next day.
Next time those dogs threaten me or my family on MY PROPERTY they are dead. Sick and tired of dog owners who don't give a crap about anybody else. Been here 25 years and now feel like I have to move because of her and her F___ING dogs!

Yep, that is a fact. I always try to go slow with a strange animal. But a LE dog is a different animal. Every handler I ever met said, yea my dog bites. And they ain't kiddin either
Of course, you'd have to be an idiot to think that a LEO k-9 was going to be approachable. That being said, I love their choice of dogs, I'd love to have a Malinois, if I didn't already have two dogs I'd already own one. I heard they are dogs that need to be well-trained and require an active lifestyle but I'd take that challenge, it would be worth it.

I was attacked by my grandparents German Shepard when I was a kid. I had played with him many times until the day he attacked me. Was laying on the ground petting him and he lunges for my head puncturing my ear and scalp. I scream for my dad who was in the house with grandparents. He and my brother pull the dog off me and as I am running toward the house the dog breaks free and latches his teeth under my armpit. Still have the scars to this day. Turns out grandpa had been tying him up at night to keep him from roaming and he had a sore under his collar. I must have rubbed the collar and that was all it took for him to become a terror.
So all you "awe the dog wont hurt you, just make friends" folks can KMA.
Fast forward to the present.

New house goes up in 2021 on the vacant 1/2 acre lot next to mine. Lady moves in with a german shepard and puts up a fence then puts the dog pen right next to our property. The dog barks non stop every time I am in my back yard. Even sitting on my 2nd story deck he sees me and barks non stop. I try to be your "good neighbor" and explain the issue. She does nothing about it. Called animal control and they basically do nothing.
Shepard is now gone and she has 2 boxers that do the same damn thing. She tells a neighbor walking her dog to stay on the other side of the street as her dogs are trained attack dogs. I can't even be on my property without their harassment. Have grand kids playing and the dogs go nuts. I have tired to explain to her that its just not right that I can't enjoy my own property. She does nothing so I call animal control. Still nothing happens.
When she had just the one boxer it got out and was on my property and aggressive. I tried to be a good neighbor and called her. She acted like no big deal.
A week ago I came bounding around the back of my house to my work area and both Boxers are growling and lunging at me, in my back yard! I got into the house as fast as possible. Scared the absolute s___ out of me, taken by surprise on MY property! Called animal control but she had the dogs back inside by then... the next day.
Next time those dogs threaten me or my family on MY PROPERTY they are dead. Sick and tired of dog owners who don't give a crap about anybody else. Been here 25 years and now feel like I have to move because of her and her F___ING dogs!
So… a GSD when you were a kid, a GSD and 2 boxers recently…

Dude, dogs hate you.

Of course, you'd have to be an idiot to think that a LEO k-9 was going to be approachable. That being said, I love their choice of dogs, I'd love to have a Malinois, if I didn't already have two dogs I'd already own one. I heard they are dogs that need to be well-trained and require an active lifestyle but I'd take that challenge, it would be worth it.
Worth every second, every penny and every re sod job. But, I’m too old to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom