• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ak project...HELP!!

View attachment 2426567 Try soaking just the topcover or other small part in acetone as fatalbert suggested. I would just do a small part to see what results you get before trying to strip the whole thing. If that works then do the rest. Follow Fats instructions above for prep. I've painted several rifles using that method except I'm cheap and just use appliance epoxy instead of cerakote. If your anal about the prep you can get very good results. Here is a Saiga I converted and painted recently with that method.
Helllzzz yeah! That's a good looking AK

xylene is stronger than acetone.

The premium stripper at Home Depot is pretty potent, I've been using it to strip the plasticote off my 31ft Airstream, and it works better than the Aircraft stripper at half the price.

xylene is stronger than acetone.

The premium stripper at Home Depot is pretty potent, I've been using it to strip the plasticote off my 31ft Airstream, and it works better than the Aircraft stripper at half the price.
Just came out of Acetone bath....clean rag & small tooth brush & were clean as a whistle! Bout to go to the oven now

Put down a few coats of Cerakote! ( Krylakote)Bahahahaha:cool: :triumphant: :smiley_simmons: & back in the oven for final bake, then will remove & finish with a matte clear x3 coats. Wood has been stripped, sanded, & sitting in a bleach bath... Will post pics ASAP

20200103_173000.jpg
20200103_173000.jpg
20200103_172905.jpg
20200103_172905.jpg
20200103_124528.jpg

Back
Top Bottom