• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Alaska Handgun Recommendations

If budget is no issue and he wants a semi auto sig has a new 10mm that is sweet and a smith 10mm would be great also. I would go with a smith and Wesson revolver in 44mag, 454, 460, or 500 personally. I love 10mm but up against a bear I would want something with a little more punch

He will be with a guide and will have a rifle. He just wanted some ideas on a handgun.

If he's with a guide, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The biggest issue is spooking a bear. As long as you are in a group and yelling out Hey Bear! every few minutes, you should be good.

Now if he's just looking for an excuse to buy a HG, well then the sky's the limit - you are going to Alaska after all. :thumb:

At 72oz a smith Wesson 500 is a fast handling extremely
Quick to bring on target Bear ass kicking machine that most people couldn't put two rounds in a trash can at ten feet in 5 seconds, I do not understand this equation 90% of people in a self defense situation would want a firearm that time from recoil to target acquisition is fast. Why do so many think that a bear is any diffrent. Let alone tote the damn thing everywhere you go.

Back
Top Bottom