• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alligator Season starts aug 18 at dark. Stay Tuned

Interesting day on Seminole today. After I got my 12 footer several years ago I sold my Gator Tail. Knew it would be a hot minute before I got another tag. Drew this year and borrowed a buddy’s boat. Outboards don’t like hydrilla lemme tell ya what. Got on an 8’ this AM and finally spooked him. Immediately after saw a monster. At least 11’. Hooked him and he pulled it. Hooked him again and he pulled it. We were within 10 yds of him waiting for him to come back up when the trolling motor spazzed and threw my fat ass off the boat. Trolling lanyard around my neck, iPhone in one pocket and Sig in the other. Y’all ain’t never seen a white boy get back in a boat so fast in y’all’s life. Haha. Cruised over to Big Jim’s for a late lunch with intentions of pulling a late one. Went back to scene of the crime. After a hour, went to check on another spot and….. boat won’t start. No sweat, pull the cowling off, no pull start. Run jumper cables from trolling battery, nada. Switched the batteries and got her fired up. Hauled ass back to camp before dark. One more day tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom