• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Altoid Tin Survival Kit

zesty

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
not fully clean
67   0
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

A few years ago, I started carrying a kit based on this article. The point of this kit is just was just to get my wife and I through a couple days if we got in trouble while hiking. Unfortunately, it has grown quite a bit to the point that it takes up a 4"x4"x6" tin. I plan on redoing my kit to trim some fat and make it more appropriate for our needs. Anyone have a good mini kit to show off and give me some ideas?

I'd especially like to hear about some minimal medical supplies. I don't think a couple band-aids is really enough.

Also, the altoid tin may be too small if I add more medial supplies. This mini mess box seems good. Its' $25 after shipping but it's waterproof, metal, and about the right size. Other ideas?

I have small skoal-can types of kits I put together. I put a couple of tylenol/benedryl in some tin foil in there as well as a couple of "blisters" of anti-biotic suave. I made the blisters by cutting the corner out of a glad sandwich bag and squirting an amount (about the size of a pencil eraser) in the corner. You can tie it off with thread. If you have to use it for a cut/injury, just pop the blister between two fingers and smear it on.
As sagan said, any meds you take on a maintenance basis.

Benedryl os going on the list now. That's a good one.

The anti-biotic blisters are a great idea. I also thought about cutting a cube of soap to put in there.

Back
Top Bottom