• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I wrong? (delivery drivers)

Don't cook?!
I would get sick of that quick.
I usually have dinner on the table by 6.
Then again I have been on straight 40 for a year now.

I get so sick of eating out. But, a typical day for us: I get off at 0600 and go home. She gets up at 0600 and leaves at 0730. I sleep until noonish; get up take care of animals and lay back down until 1530-1600. Leave for work at 1630. She gets off at 1800-2000, depending on the day. This is anywhere from 5 days a week to 2 weeks in a row... We both actually love to cook, but when I am on nights, we are never there at the same time.

I only order food when I am at work. I don't get an actual lunch break, I eat at my desk. So, it's either delivery or go hungry. I refuse to give out my card over the telephone. I got hacked/scammed twice last year doing that. So it's cash or nothing. I have told different places in the past that all I had was $20s, but it slipped my mind tonight.
I have never been a delivery driver or server, but I tip very well. Minimum 20% in restaurants and $5 to delivery drivers. I know their pay sucks and daddy always said, "If you can afford to eat out, you can afford to tip well".
20% is a very good tip IMO. I tip 20% 100% of the time, unless the service sucked

20% is a very good tip IMO. I tip 20% 100% of the time, unless the service sucked

It really depends on where I am. I leave the girl at the local Mexican place $20 on a $20ish tab. But, we go there at least once per week, so the service is great and I will pay for that to continue. In real life, I am only cheap w/ my AR builds. :rofl:

I get so sick of eating out. But, a typical day for us: I get off at 0600 and go home. She gets up at 0600 and leaves at 0730. I sleep until noonish; get up take care of animals and lay back down until 1530-1600. Leave for work at 1630. She gets off at 1800-2000, depending on the day. This is anywhere from 5 days a week to 2 weeks in a row... We both actually love to cook, but when I am on nights, we are never there at the same time.
I was getting 60-75 hours a week for years until I went on the straight 40 contract.
If you are watching kids and avoid a daycare bill or something I get it, but I would be miserable.
I would have little patience for the look you get when the driver can't bust a $20.

Two delivery drivers shot, robbed, then shot in the head execution style here in Macongo last Chriffmuff. College kids trying to make a little Christmas money. Still a "who dunned it" as far as I know.

If I order Pizza it means I don't want to cook or be bothered, happens often. We have a great pizza joint around here, and we tip well!!! Girl on phone says its a hour delivery time and 20 minutes later ...ding dong

Back
Top Bottom