• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An AR15 is an AR15 is an AR15 .................................

I bought a POF 4.5 trigger to put in my cheap one and can tell a difference even with my CT. I have bought some...timmey(?) Springs and hope to try them out this weekend on another one.

BCG's, FCG's, barrel quality, rail aesthetics/function/weight, grips and stocks. You get the basic of basic in all of those on a ebtry level AR. DD is fine but not worth the price tag IMO. That's why i build. I can upgrade all those components to what i want and not habe a bunch of leftover parts that i don't want or need. Generally for less $$ as well but my builds tend to get over $1000 pretty quickly without trying to hard.

If you have to use 4 different analogies about cars to prove your point about guns...that just won't do.
It's just a way of saying what you get for your money. If any of you think a 469 AR will be as reliable as a Colt or a Daniel Defense are kidding yourselves. You get what you pay for. Sure they will work and last for a while but you won't get the accuracy and long term reliability as opposed to a more expensive mid to high end gun. I don't think you will get a chrome lined barrel or hammer forged which will go a long way against wear and corrosion. Correct me if I am wrong but it is these kind of features that will stand the test of time.

BCG's, FCG's, barrel quality, rail aesthetics/function/weight, grips and stocks. You get the basic of basic in all of those on a ebtry level AR. DD is fine but not worth the price tag IMO. That's why i build. I can upgrade all those components to what i want and not habe a bunch of leftover parts that i don't want or need. Generally for less $$ as well but my builds tend to get over $1000 pretty quickly without trying to hard.
I pretty much have the same opinion here. I have one shelf gun and it's a early 2000 Bushmaster ( my first AR ) when they were still owned by Cerberus Group before the Freedom Group took over in late 2005. All my others are my builds which some how end up costing me 1,200 with all high end parts. If I settle on things like handguards and aesthetic parts I can get by with a grand. My barrels usually cost around 400-500 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom