An interesting "can"

As for the determination on the oil can portion.. Have they actually decided that it has the same qualities (legally) as a baffle stack? Or is it just up in the air still? (no determination made)

There are numerous letters limiting the material that wipes can be made of metal is expressly prohibited. The oil can does not have its own letter yet. Where are any of the serialized adapters for sale I couldn't find any a month or two ago while I perusing.

There are numerous letters limiting the material that wipes can be made of metal is expressly prohibited. The oil can does not have its own letter yet. Where are any of the serialized adapters for sale I couldn't find any a month or two ago while I perusing.
You gotta call up Cadiz to get them. They make the adapters (serialized or otherwise) in very small batches so you pretty much gotta go directly to the source.

You gotta call up Cadiz to get them. They make the adapters (serialized or otherwise) in very small batches so you pretty much gotta go directly to the source.

I have yet to see their serialized adapters purchased by anyone or any record of them selling the serialized portion. I have seen pics of the "solvent trap" being sold at gunshows.

Look even the OSprey has the serial numbers on the endcap, but the tube which contains baffles is still not replaceable without the SOT. The only thing likening this to a wipe is the fact that the hole is not premade and it shoots through it. They claim this works with 5.45 and 5.56 safely.

Last edited:
I have yet to see their serialized adapters purchased by anyone or any record of them selling the serialized portion. I have seen pics of the "solvent trap" being sold at gunshows.
Well, yeah.. Nobody wants to pay a $200 stamp for something that costs like, $70. They'll buy the solvent traps for $35 though!

How would a regular handgun cycle with an oil filter hangin off the barrel? Seems like it would cause some MAJOR cycling issues...
Although for a rifle... I can always duct tape a 2L bottle on it :D

Ok so let me add a little more info. I spoke with them today about it. The filter also has to have the adapter's number on them. As they informed me, if a filter needs replacement, you have to ship it to them so they unthread the adapter from the filter, then replace the filter, and WRITE IN BLACK MARKER the serial number back on it. You pay them $25 for this service. And they ship it back to you.

I'm going to look elsewhere.

HAHAHA. I figured that was the deal, especially when I saw they were serializing the filter.

JW- there has been no letter I have seen from ATF that says you can change the oil filter. Which, sadly, means you probably can't, as evidenced by patracy's conversation with Cadiz. IT is a sad state of affairs for our "rights" when you have to have a letter saying you CAN do something, not the other way around. If more people knew of the SOP of agencies like the ATF on matters like this, we just might could get enough support to get rid of them all together.

Yeah that killed it for me. I'm not about to pay to ship off a oil filter and adapter to have an off the shelf filter swapped onto it and marked with a marker for $25.

Back
Top Bottom