• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another example of insufficient safety training by a CCW holder

I knew that wouldn't last long...sorry for the thread highjack but it was derailed anyway...

i42.tinypic.com_15x5v69.jpg

Two things:
1)
If the right to drive a car was constitutionally guaranteed, you'd have a point...but since it's not, you don't. :(

2)Why would you take advice on gun safety from someone who, on their homepage, is advocating the 0915, fresh out 'da box, gangsta hold as well as not wearing eye protection at the range?
www.protectivemeasures.net_wp_content_uploads_2011_10_PM_Header1.png

If you will research one-handed shooting you will find that the way your bones & joints generally work best is by having a slight cant. Unlike a riflestock which has 3 points of contact all in a line aiding in accuracy as well as a longer sight radius w/ iron sights, a pistol has between 3-6 points of articulation (wrist, elbow, & shoulder) that make it challenging to shoot accurately.
By canting somewhat (not quite this much... he got a little carried away with the degree of cant...& was ribbed somewhat afterward) & bringing your weakhand into your chest to create isometric tension it allows for better accuracy & more recoil management & stability when shooting one-handed. Don't take my word for it. Look into Mas Ayoobs discussion on this topic. Many other schools teach the same.
As to the eye protection issue, I believe the student said they were his prescription lenses & were break-resistant when eye-safety was mentioned.
The lady on the end had on a clear pair that were hard to see if memory serves correct.

As far as my advice on safety matters, which specific safety advice have I given that you take issue with or that you believe is incorrect?
Please be specific.

This is my profession... local judges send people to my school for safety training for a reason.

My curriculum is very consistent with most of if not all of the better schools out there at a fraction of the price.
Talk to any of the members on here who have came out & trained with us & get their opinion.

Where can I take some gun safety course in Albany, GA?? Or relatively close cities?? Not feeling like driving to Tallahassee or ATL for it....... but if it's the only option, I guess I'll have to one weekend.

If you get on the NRA's website there should be a reference to some schools or Instructors near you.
If you have a problem, PM me & I'll help you find someone down your way.

If you will research one-handed shooting you will find that the way your bones & joints generally work best is by having a slight cant. Unlike a riflestock which has 3 points of contact all in a line aiding in accuracy as well as a longer sight radius w/ iron sights, a pistol has between 3-6 points of articulation (wrist, elbow, & shoulder) that make it challenging to shoot accurately.
By canting somewhat (not quite this much... he got a little carried away with the degree of cant...& was ribbed somewhat afterward) & bringing your weakhand into your chest to create isometric tension it allows for better accuracy & more recoil management & stability when shooting one-handed. Don't take my word for it. Look into Mas Ayoobs discussion on this topic. Many other schools teach the same.
As to the eye protection issue, I believe the student said they were his prescription lenses & were break-resistant when eye-safety was mentioned.
The lady on the end had on a clear pair that were hard to see if memory serves correct.

As far as my advice on safety matters, which specific safety advice have I given that you take issue with or that you believe is incorrect?
Please be specific.

This is my profession... local judges send people to my school for safety training for a reason.

My curriculum is very consistent with most of if not all of the better schools out there at a fraction of the price.
Talk to any of the members on here who have came out & trained with us & get their opinion.

A slight cant can be effective...you're absolutely right, but only if the weak side hand is utilized in support, as you said, creating isometric or dynamic tension. 0915 single handed and held high is stupid...and if that guy went on his own, so be it...but then why use it as your splash page graphic? And as to the eye protection, I wasn't talking about Vanilla Ice. I have prescription lenses that are ANSI Z87.1 certified as well so I get that...I'm talking about the lady at the back of the stack...if she has on safety glasses, I need new glasses.

I was partly ribbing you, but also part of it is a legitimate complaint. The majority of your posts are centered on the idea that the unwashed masses need training and it comes across as a little preachy...so forgive us if every now and then we get riled up because the insurance salesman demands we need to buy more insurance. ;)

Back
Top Bottom