• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another example of insufficient safety training by a CCW holder

Two things:
1)
If the right to drive a car was constitutionally guaranteed, you'd have a point...but since it's not, you don't. :(

2)Why would you take advice on gun safety from someone who, on their homepage, is advocating the 0915, fresh out 'da box, gangsta hold as well as not wearing eye protection at the range?
www.protectivemeasures.net_wp_content_uploads_2011_10_PM_Header1.png

Oh...wow. Alrighty :lol:

Where can I take some gun safety course in Albany, GA?? Or relatively close cities?? Not feeling like driving to Tallahassee or ATL for it....... but if it's the only option, I guess I'll have to one weekend.

Two things:
1)
If the right to drive a car was constitutionally guaranteed, you'd have a point...but since it's not, you don't. :(

2)Why would you take advice on gun safety from someone who, on their homepage, is advocating the 0915, fresh out 'da box, gangsta hold as well as not wearing eye protection at the range?

Learning safe gun handling techniques is valuable, regardless of who suggests it. I do see eye protection an all shooters btw.

No amount of training will compensate for stupidity.

My dad always reinforced the fact that most accidental shootings are from an "unloaded" gun since I was a child. For the amount of guns in circulation the total number of AD's are low but just one is too much.

I agree if you have no training or minimal training no reason not to set yourself up for success. Every gun I bought since the 1980’s with papers have the basic safe gun handling rules in the owner’s manual. Following them however is another issue when you start considering the total amount of gun owners.

Even trained men have had AD's and will continue to do so until the human factor is removed. I am an advocate of good training. Winners train until they get it right, professionals train until they can't get it wrong.

~

My dad always reinforced the fact that most accidental shootings are from an "unloaded" gun since I was a child. For the amount of guns in circulation the total number of AD's are low but just one is too much.

I agree if you have no training or minimal training no reason not to set yourself up for success. Every gun I bought since the 1980’s with papers have the basic safe gun handling rules in the owner’s manual. Following them however is another issue when you start considering the total amount of gun owners.

Even trained men have had AD's and will continue to do so until the human factor is removed. I am an advocate of good training. Winners train until they get it right, professionals train until they can't get it wrong.

~~~

RamRoddoc,

You need to write a book !

Your every comment is accurate, concise and cogent !

If you decide to write a book, I volunteer to help edit it.

ok what if one class was mandated, how long would it take to realize some didn't get it in one class? So then what 2 classes then 3 classes and a practical. bottom line people that want to be efficient with their weapon will, others will go to the range sometimes, others will wait until they feel threatened no one group is more necessarily prepared than the other. Safety at whatever level is paramount. The only way to become sufficient in safety is to train/practice to make certain actions routine like checking the damn chamber.

That's right... one class doesn't do it, you must practice over & over properly to be consistently safe. But since safety is not passed down from generation to generation like it used to be, "training groups" or "training buddies" can help fill the gap as long as the base of knowledge they're starting from is sound.

~

~~~

RamRoddoc,

You need to write a book !

Your every comment is accurate, concise and cogent !

If you decide to write a book, I volunteer to help edit it.
The idea isn't to compensate for stupidity. I don't know how to successfully transplant a kidney into a human, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. Insert joke here_____. The argument is that training is beneficial, and saves lives. No, it doesn't eliminate all mistakes ever, but thats not the point.

Two things:
1)

That made me have to check out the website!!!

See what happens. You are all in here bickering at one another, meanwhile somebody posts a smoking deal and I swoop in and snatch it. Second time in the last 10 days. I love threads like this.

Ha!

Back
Top Bottom