• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another example of insufficient safety training by a CCW holder

According to the information you cited in your original post, I would have to say "Probably not." The incident you posted above was exactly what you are prescribing. The man, a "trained" CCW holder in the state of FLA was showing his friend his gun, one could argue even, "teaching" him - and yet, the poor girl still got shot.

What you and what every other trainer will never admit to is that there is no level of training that can accommodate for lack of intelligence. And while some may dismiss this arguement because Ron White has a stand up show of the same name, it doesn't make it any less true. You can't fix stupid. No amount of training can penetrate the mentally inept. Even after hours, days, and months of drilling....all you will have is well trained moron.

They exist everywhere...and the reason no amount of training will matter to the moron? They lack the ability to link the training to life. "Training" takes place "in class" and "class" only happens at "school" and "when the bell rings," they aren't at "school" any more and so they cease to utilize their "training." At the risk of being glib...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You can give the moron all the training in the world...but he still has to use it...and he won't...why? Because he's a moron.

Not because he's untrained.
My wife and I were discussing this story this very morning after she saw it on the news and the very well put point that romilayu makes here is the ultimate conclusion! Stupid is stupid no matter what you teach them and you can't teach people to use their head if they are stupid!

While I don't believe mandated training would hurt...............

Look at the big picture instead of trying to make me out as an enemy.
There you go again, saying it is your belief that mandated training should be considered in Ga. There is no big picture to look at when it comes to individual personal freedoms. You are the enemy to personal freedoms for the citizens of Ga.

Firearms training is a great thing. It is a smart thing to do. It is a prudent thing to seek out professional personal training with regards to firearms. It (training) should not be something that I (nor anyone else) have to do to be able to get a GWCL.

Disclaimer: I use to think the way you do, but then came to the realization that I was wrong and no amount of governmental regulation could keep bad things from happening. I believe you are going to be surprised, that within the next two years the GA. Legislature will pass unlicensed carry. Which will mean more Georgians will be bearing arms and you will have a lot more customers. But you really need to stop with all the mandated training garbage, and just be a great advocate of bearing arms.

I wish the guy who sent a round about 3 feet above my head today at the range would have gotten some gun safety training. Nothing makes you wanna s*it your pants faster than standing there getting ready to shoot and chunks of ceiling tile come raining down on your head.

I wish the guy who sent a round about 3 feet above my head today at the range would have gotten some gun safety training. Nothing makes you wanna s*it your pants faster than standing there getting ready to shoot and chunks of ceiling tile come raining down on your head.

that is terrible i hate to hear stuff like this now i think every body needs a training corse before owning a firearm i think it should be the law

Well here is a CWP Trainer in South Carolina shooting one of his trainees at a state mandated training class.

Deputy Accidentally Shoots Woman In Concealed Weapon Class
Published: February 18, 2012
Updated: February 19, 2012 - 4:50 PM

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/feb/18/2/person-accidently-shot-spartanburg-ar-3257124/

CHESNEE, S.C. --
Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said one of his deputies accidentally shot a woman while teaching a concealed weapons course in Chesnee.

Deputy Skip Smith is a certified CWP instructor with SLED outside of being a deputy at the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office, Wright said. He said he is very experienced.

Back
Top Bottom