• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any idea how old this box of ammo is?

Shotgun Surgery

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
I've been cleaning out my parents garage and shed and came across some of my late grandfather's ammunition. He passed about 25 years ago, and a lot of the things he acquired were obtained long before he passed, so this box might be very old. I've looked on the box for a date but couldn't find one, and searching online hasn't gotten me many results.

So, do any of you have any idea of how old this box of ammo is? Any idea as to whether or not it might be collectable?
30-06 1.jpg
30-06 2.jpg
30-06 3.jpg
30-06 4.jpg
30-06 5.jpg
30-06 6.jpg

Having just posted this and after having re-read the back of the box via the pictures I've provided, I only just now realized that because the box says "For more than 60 years..." I can just ad ~60 years to when the Norma ammunition company was founded. As that was 1895, this means that this box of ammo was made sometime in the late 50s or early 60s.

So, although I've just answered one of my own questions, do you guys have any idea whether or not this might be collectable somehow?

Bought some like that in the 60's and early 70's. Box and ammo look the same as your picture. Probably still have a box somewhere.

I have a couple boxes of 30.06 ammo my dad bought when we lived in Michigan and he went hunting a lot....that was in the late 40s to early 50s....the box construction is VERY similar to what you have there...so that would be my guess on time period....

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having just posted this and after having re-read the back of the box via the pictures I've provided, I only just now realized that because the box says "For more than 60 years..." I can just ad ~60 years to when the Norma ammunition company was founded. As that was 1895, this means that this box of ammo was made sometime in the late 50s or early 60s.

So, although I've just answered one of my own questions, do you guys have any idea whether or not this might be collectable somehow?
I think it's mid 1960s

Back
Top Bottom