• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any watch people here???

There will probably e a lot of argument over this but I LOVE my local pawn shop. You never know what they are going to have in, they are great for haggling(not that I've had to struggle to get a bargain) and they can take trades and work with lay away for me.

I'm dreaming of an Omega as well. And maybe a Breitling eventually. But right now I'm having fun discovering brands I never heard of. Before today I had never heard of either Maurice Lacroix or Jean Richard. Found them at my local pawn shop and started researching. Liked the Lacroix immediately for look and feel and love the orange luminous pips. The Jean Richard was not love at first sight but it's grown on me. Have fallen hard for Tag Heuer as well. Crisp clean watches.
The watch that got the most complements all time was a Maurice Lacroix Pontos brown dial I had, which I traded it for a Rolex later, ML hit a huge price decrease in the secondary market shortly after that so I made out well value wise, but if you can get into a Pontos under $700 I say go for it!

I hate to tell on myself but pristine condition to include no marking on the band from being buckled and unbundled. I doubt that it's ever even been worn. Out the door for $645. Paid more for the Jeanrichard but like the Lacroix much more.

Hey guys….I know nothing about watches but I bought one after a big winning night at the 3 card poker table. :doh: It sits in my safe. Could you guys give an idea of what it's worth? I have no idea what to ask for it. Thanks. (look up my recent threads and you will see it).

Hey guys….I know nothing about watches but I bought one after a big winning night at the 3 card poker table. :doh: It sits in my safe. Could you guys give an idea of what it's worth? I have no idea what to ask for it. Thanks. (look up my recent threads and you will see it).

I've always done the same thing after a winning night of gambling.
I buy something and keep it and every time I look at it, it makes me feel good.

Merry Christmas!

So one of my Christmas presents came in yesterday and I've been wearing it to get the feel for it before I posted about it. It's an Invicta Pro Diver Reserve. It's beautiful...bit it's big. No, no...I mean it
s friggin HUGE! It's 54MM from one side of the case to the tip of the crown and 15 MM thick. My work Casio is 38MM case edge to crown tip and 7MM thick. The specs called it 1.1 lbs and I thought it meant shipped with box et al. I haven't weighed it but I'm not sure it isn't 1.1 lbs just for the watch. LOL. It's a great looking watch but I'm not sure I can get used to the size of it. Happily I have two more inviictas on order already. Umm...

2015-12-25 15.41.20.jpg

Last edited:
In that price range, for me, there is really only one watch ..... The Seamaster professional. But I wouldn't buy new, I'd hit watchuseek.com and buy a used one and save 30%

I love watches. I just can't afford the big boys. I do have one nice watch, a Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive. The rest are just designer fashion watches like Fossils and such. I am debating on taking the plunge into a nice Hamilton, Grand Seiko, Tisso, vintage Rolex etc. Any of you guys dabble into watches? If so what do you got and what do you recommend in that $1000 - $2500 range.

That's a sharp watch but I'd get lost in all them marks and never know what time it is. LOL.

The shop just called and my Citizen Nighthawk is back with a brand new crystal in it. Can't wait to pick it up. Gonna look at it and take it right out and sell it. Planning on picking up my second Tag today.
What shop did you use to send it off? I've got a black skyhawk at I need a band and some other work done to.
3b9472b3c05953962250f1fe55aa3620.jpg

Last edited:
I really like several models. The Breitling Superocean, Chronomat, Wind Rider and Colt, the Omega Seamaster, the Tissot Seastar and Tag Heuers Aquaracer and Carerra. ANd the first one of them I can get in Blue face and automatic I'm going to love it and hug it and cuddle it and call it George.

;)

Back
Top Bottom