• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any WW2 German uniform experts out there?

enfieldguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
265   0
Reaction score
Honestly can't remember if I posted this here before or not, wanted some additional opinions. This is a German field cap I've had for quite a while. It was stuffed inside an old footlocker I had picked up at an antique shop. I've been told its real, that its fake, that its a repro made out of vintage material..etc, etc.
It sure looks the part, but the one thing that gets me is the RZM label. I didn't think they were a standard quartermaster 'corp', and only handled party logistics, not Wehrmacht.
Whatcha think?

Attachments

• 0212191718.jpg
    0212191718.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 0212191718a.jpg
    0212191718a.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 0212191719a.jpg
    0212191719a.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 0212191719b.jpg
    0212191719b.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 20
Honestly can't remember if I posted this here before or not, wanted some additional opinions. This is a German field cap I've had for quite a while. It was stuffed inside an old footlocker I had picked up at an antique shop. I've been told its real, that its fake, that its a repro made out of vintage material..etc, etc.
It sure looks the part, but the one thing that gets me is the RZM label. I didn't think they were a standard quartermaster 'corp', and only handled party logistics, not Wehrmacht.
Whatcha think?

RZM, if I remember correctly is just a military acceptance stamp, more of less saying that it meets military standards. My 1st question is how long have you had this cap? If it's less than 30 years or so, I'd say that it's a reproduction cap. I do know that it's a late war type of cap. Orginal WWII stuff, especially German stuff, has been faked for decades. I'd honestly say that anything acquired after the 1970's is probably a fake. All of the orginal equipment is still available in Europe, and the reproductions are spot on, and pretty much impossible to tell from the originals. It looks correct to me, but I'm really no expert, and not being able to look at it in person, makes it a wild ass guess.

I've had this for at least 8-9 years. It was stuffed under a board in an old footlocker that I bought at an antique store. I had no idea it was in there until I got it home, and obviously the antique shop didn't know it was in there either.
I've been wanting to sell this, but I definitely don't want to sell it to someone if its a fake. If its fake I'll just keep it.
Yes, unfortunately WW2 German fakes abound. The amount of bogus SS 98k Mausers I've seen are unreal.

Back
Top Bottom