• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any foundation pros willing to give a guess?

Looks like Walker concrete premium
I’d hold out until you have it inspected and then reduce your offer by the repair cost plus 20%.

I know AFS is high but they have a 25yr transferable warranty, I used them on a house in Auburn that had a major slab issue and required multiple sump pumps installed… sold that house for a pretty penny too!
This^, if you've got time for the repairs to be made

Usually… if that was the case, it has rebar turned back into the slab. A non issue just doesn’t look the best. Some / most slab homes are poured monolithic meaning footings and slab poured all at once. Some will pour the footings and do any interior under slab plumbing and then cap it off. Hence dry concrete meets wet concrete..cold joint. Long as it was pinned with rebar, and I would bet it was, it’s no problem.
Decent read below.

Usually… if that was the case, it has rebar turned back into the slab. A non issue just doesn’t look the best. Some / most slab homes are poured monolithic meaning footings and slab poured all at once. Some will pour the footings and do any interior under slab plumbing and then cap it off. Hence dry concrete meets wet concrete..cold joint. Long as it was pinned with rebar, and I would bet it was, it’s no problem.
Decent read below.

You rock

Back
Top Bottom