• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ANYBODY HAVE ONE OF THESE

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
It's time to replace my little laser bore sighter kit because the little attachments with the rubber expanders are coming off a little spindle. So I am in the market for a new little kit or device just get me on paper at 25 or 50 yards and do the rest the usual way. I thought about cartridge laser bore sighting jobs and had them in my cart many times but just didn't know that much about them. I mean I know how they function I'm just not sure how accurate they are. But I was looking at this kit and wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with this one or any negative comments positive comments blah blah blah?

Supposedly you can use multiple crosshair location marks for mounting the same scope on a different gun and it'll put you back on close to where you are at. It also has a graduation ladder type deal that you can see if your scope is tracking correctly. According to one of the guys on sniper side it's a Nifty little Gadget.

I have a similar kit and the laser with the arbors as well as a few cartridge style, that all give the same results, they put you on paper at 50 yards and then you dial in to bullseye. In my opinion not one is better than the other, I will say the one on Amazon does not work well with AR platforms and muzzle devices.

I have a similar kit and the laser with the arbors as well as a few cartridge style, that all give the same results, they put you on paper at 50 yards and then you dial in to bullseye. In my opinion not one is better than the other, I will say the one on Amazon does not work well with AR platforms and muzzle devices.
Well from what I read you can use special marks in the bore sight reticle to mark position of other scope to mount again if need be and a couple other features. I just don't want to buy the same kit I have and loose out on a couple of key features. I figured they were all close.

Easiest and quickest way that I have found to sight in a rifle is to 1st boresight like usual. Then pick a spot on a berm and take a shot. Adjust the difference in the impact. Move to paper and put shot on paper. Then make that adjustment. That's 2 shots and you are now onto final perfection of your zero. I have never found laser boresighters to be accurate enough to do this in fewer shots.

Easiest and quickest way that I have found to sight in a rifle is to 1st boresight like usual. Then pick a spot on a berm and take a shot. Adjust the difference in the impact. Move to paper and put shot on paper. Then make that adjustment. That's 2 shots and you are now onto final perfection of your zero. I have never found laser boresighters to be accurate enough to do this in fewer shots.
I would do the 3 shot method. Shoot two rounds, dial to the impact, shoot a third to confirm. Not a fan of boresighters.
Same as these two. I’ve never been a fan of boresighters either

Or just remove the bolt and look down the barrel.

It's time to replace my little laser bore sighter kit because the little attachments with the rubber expanders are coming off a little spindle. So I am in the market for a new little kit or device just get me on paper at 25 or 50 yards and do the rest the usual way. I thought about cartridge laser bore sighting jobs and had them in my cart many times but just didn't know that much about them. I mean I know how they function I'm just not sure how accurate they are. But I was looking at this kit and wanted to know if any of you guys had any experience with this one or any negative comments positive comments blah blah blah?

Supposedly you can use multiple crosshair location marks for mounting the same scope on a different gun and it'll put you back on close to where you are at. It also has a graduation ladder type deal that you can see if your scope is tracking correctly. According to one of the guys on sniper side it's a Nifty little Gadget.

That is a good set but not of any use for an AR. If you remove the muzzle device so that the arbor will fit you will see over the top of it when looking through the scope. It is great for other type rifles. Bolt guns etc.

Back
Top Bottom