Anybody hooch fishing

I had a decent summer down south on the hooch, I had a lot of days with big fish (over 20). But the numbers overall were pretty low, probably averaged 10-20 stripers per trip. I am about to start trout fishing regularly. I will post reports.
Please do. I am curious to know what stretches of the hooch are fishing ok these days.. north of 400.

I had a decent summer down south on the hooch, I had a lot of days with big fish (over 20). But the numbers overall were pretty low, probably averaged 10-20 stripers per trip. I am about to start trout fishing regularly. I will post reports.

Those numbers are going to continue to go down and eventually cease to exist under the current stockings. We've had no stripers stocked for two years now and honestly don't feel very confident going forward. I'd highly suggest you start emailing anyone you can find within the DNR Fisheries offices if you want to see it continue. I know I've seen a massive difference in fish numbers this year.

Probably going to be throwing some corn on a tiny hook at Jones Bridge this weekend. I've never seen a trout that wasn't on a plate before. Any chance I get a nibble?

Probably going to be throwing some corn on a tiny hook at Jones Bridge this weekend. I've never seen a trout that wasn't on a plate before. Any chance I get a nibble?
pick the warmest part of the day. make sure the water is low and mostly on the clear side.
Jones is one of the highest pressured places on the hooch. fish can be had but do you have
the time to wait them out is the question?

pick the warmest part of the day. make sure the water is low and mostly on the clear side.
Jones is one of the highest pressured places on the hooch. fish can be had but do you have
the time to wait them out is the question?
Based on water release schedule and my schedule, I'll probably be there from crack of dawn until a spicy Chick-fil-A sandwich calls my name, unless something changes. It seems they have been opening the dam at 6AM, which would get to that area around 11 or so.

Should I do Gwinnett side or go over to Fulton? I walked the area over the long weekend to get a feel for what is what.

Back
Top Bottom