• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody killing any yotes?

I much prefer to see this type of handling the situation. Thanks.

Dont feel bad. Most people that do not hunt or follow conservationism are ignorant of the destruction done by coyotes. You are not alone. I would suggest reading up on the issue and you will be better informed.

Wife did kill one with her car last week on drowning creek in dacula. She said it was a little one. Atleast get them when they're young before they can reproduce.
Yeah they are here. I hear them howling near Harbins park sometimes, and there are plenty of deer near there. I walk the dog with my pistol at night...

Yeah they are here. I hear them howling near Harbins park sometimes, and there are plenty of deer near there. I walk the dog with my pistol at night...
my grandmother and aunt and uncle live about a 1/4 mile from harbins park, our family has a small amount of land that backs up to their houses we cyote hunt, crazy what a mouse squeaker and 22 mag will do to a yote.

This was the last one I got. My dog was losing her mind for about 45 minutes. I looked out and saw this one about 100 yards off. Of course by the time I got my rifle it was way farther. I had to stand on the top step of the porch to see this one it definitely was a lucky shot but a 308 does a number on yotes.
IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2924.JPG

I recall in the 90s seeing my first Coyote. Blackish thought it was a dog until it saw me and ran like a race horse. I grew up in Coweta there were none when I was a kid.

The first coyotes I saw were back in 1979, in Putnam County.
Everybody said I didn't know what I was talking about, until a few years later after several were killed.

I hear ya, but... The coyote is not native here, but the endangered Red wolf is. And there is a reason many of our yotes are much bigger than those out west. We still need some balance from that type of predator, and I sure wouldn't want it to ever get to the point of ridiculous restrictions being established. But in reality the yote is a survivor, and all you can do is hope to control it.

The Red wolf. https://www.fws.gov/redwolf/wolvesandcoyotes.html

Jacob_WolfHaven.jpg

Back
Top Bottom