• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody know about box blades, tractors, grading, and being in over your head? What have I done?

If that’s right, I’ll feel pretty good about it, but I cannot find much on these gill boxes. They seems to have been made by “woods” and the few I have found weigh almost twice that. This is one heavy pig.

You want a heavy scraper, otherwise it will just skittle along on top of the dirt.

I pull a blade that size with a 40 hp tractor. Easy to bog down and spin the tires if I try to take too big a bite.

You should be fine. May have to work on adjusting for optimal grading but I think it will pull it. The heavy weight of the blade will add some traction. Tractors generally have torque and gearing ratios that make them seem more powerful than a similarly rated, in horsepower, small engine.

I don't know anything about tractors...except I wish I had a place to use one and wish I had one...but from what these fine are telling you,it all sounds like great advice...go slow and easy and it take a few passes to get where you want it

I think yoully be fine with that set up. May need to get the scarifiers to help loosen soil.

Edit.....Just reread where youre spreading gravel. Probably don't need the scarifiers.

Back
Top Bottom