anybody on the odt own a mastiff?

I have a bullmastiff
/ lab mix. 2 yrs 155 lbs
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365553630.199545.jpg

Yes! Italian Mastiff aka Cane Corso! She's 10mos and 90lbs.

90 lbs at 10 months for a female? that's some good genes. that is assuming she's healthy right? buddy of mine had a 160 lb corso that died at 3 yrs old. had a heart murmur. that thing was healthy as all hell too. just keeled over dead one day

love me some corsos, by far my favorite breed. i just refuse to buy from a breeder. i've rescued and rehomed a few mastiffs over the years. about 50 to count. everything from presa to dogos, from ddb to neos

I like how people likes to brag about how big their puppy is.If they get to big to fast it only kills the dogs long term.Joint issues is the biggest problem with big dogs.You let them get to big for their bones and joints and bam they have issues down the road.Not to mention it's bad on the heart being so big to fast....

Almost every craigslist breeder brags about how big mom or dad is....Sad just sad!!!!

Let the dogs run at min .40 mins a day and be healthy and not to big.Don't let them run to much or jump to much as a puppy until they hit adult stage about 2-3 years old.
Also it's best not to feed them puppy food after 6 months as that food tends to make dogs big fast.Unless you're on a raw diet of course.....You want them big like a horse well, buy a horse!!

Nothing wrong with them becoming big later but not in puppy stage

I like how people likes to brag about how big their puppy is.If they get to big to fast it only kills the dogs long term.Joint issues is the biggest problem with big dogs.You let them get to big for their bones and joints and bam they have issues down the road.Not to mention it's bad on the heart being so big to fast....

Almost every craigslist breeder brags about how big mom or dad is....Sad just sad!!!!

Let the dogs run at min .40 mins a day and be healthy and not to big.Don't let them run to much or jump to much as a puppy until they hit adult stage about 2-3 years old.
Also it's best not to feed them puppy food after 6 months as that food tends to make dogs big fast.Unless you're on a raw diet of course.....You want them big like a horse well, buy a horse!!

tumblr_lz3gd4LugV1r6i3cdo1_500.jpg

We are proud of our big dogs. My Rhodesian Ridgeback is 105lb, happy and healthy as can be.

rr.jpg

Gotta love Rhodesian ridge backs. Just to hyper for me. before I got my ddb I was looking at airedale terriers, Irish wolfhounds, or a good background German shepherd.

Do any of yall use the taste of the wild food?

You a vet or just play one on TV?

I had an English Mastiff- she was the best dog I ever had and I have had some great dogs. I have two GSD's I really love right now, but I still miss Molly a lot. She was never aggressive, but she was a great family protector. She was always put herself between you and anybody or anything she was worried about and she worried a lot. :)

Back
Top Bottom