• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody ever buried a parent and felt like the world was lifted off your shoulders

Gimmebackmybullets

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
275   0
Reaction score
I did .
Saturday.
We were at odds for 30 years.
Worked for the man the best years of my young life.
When he realized he couldn't control my thinking anymore to his benefit,he had no use for me.
Yet for 10 years I still tried to please the man.

He had me locked up once for beating my brothers ass in a fight my brother started.
I Never respected the man after that day.
And it never botherd him.
He sat in an electric wheelchair while my mom worked 50 years at a major company while he went into local politics, pissed every one in the world off in the town we reside in, that he married into, squandered a legacy away,that my mother's family worked hard to build, yet he didn't care about anyone but himself.
Am I going to be judged in the afterlife for the way I feel about my biological sperm doner?

At this point I will take my chances.
A dear friend of mine traveled from Florida the next morning after I contacted her to be with me and my mom in this trying time .

She knew the things I just revealed, and a whole lot more.
She brought to my attention that only 2 people at that funeral home was there for my dad.
The other 2000 folks were there to see my mother .
Don't know why I felt the need to share this story.
But just remember before you judge someone, until you walk in their shoes, just give folks the benefit of the doubt where it applies.
I'm not asking for nothing.
But I realized a lot about the way the world works in the last 72 hrs that I had never thought about before.
I can count the true friends I have in this world in less than 10 fingers.
It's a rude awakening, when you have to bury a family member to convince yourself that some things you can't control in life, no matter how hard you try or how good a raising you had.
My Grandfather on my mom's side was the best example of what was expected of a man in my lifetime.
When he died I wasn't mature enough to realize that.
But the older I get, the more I see what I learned from that man that I didn't even realize I learned.
I just needed to vent.
Thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom