• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone carry rounds that can penetrate windshields?

I would think that if you could see it coming, draw your weapon, aim, and get a well placed head shot, you could probably take a swift step to the side and avoid the car.
YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civil Defense, 9mm weight just 50 grains and out of a 4" barrel is at 2,000 pps
45acp weights just 78 grains travels at 1,900 fps
Made by Liberty ammo
some carry ammo to end the search for the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as a point here, and not trying to start an argument but!
in the video---
First the windshield is at a very upright angle for any modern car generally speaking, maybe not on a jeep?
second the shooter is about 4 -5 feet from the windshield.
doubt that a shooter would be that close without already being under the front end or front wheels of a vehicle that was moving toward you, at 30 miles per hour even you don't have much reaction time.
Myself I am not changing my carry loads at ll.
I figure the chance of needing to use a pistol to actually protect myself is very slim, the chances of having to try to disable a vehicle is even more remote.
secondly so how many people do you think that you would wound or shoot that are friendly if firing at a moving auto?
Geez what if it was old Uncle Ted that was about 80 years old and simply got the brake confused with the accelerator and couldn't keep control?
best bet in my mind is dodge, run, seek cover behind something big and heavy.

in the video---
First the windshield is at a very upright angle for any modern car generally speaking, maybe not on a jeep?
doubt that a shooter would be that close without already being under the front end or front wheels of a vehicle that was moving toward you, at 30 miles per hour even you don't have much reaction time.
I figure the chance of needing to use a pistol to actually protect myself is very slim, the chances of having to try to disable a vehicle is even more remote.
secondly so how many people do you think that you would wound or shoot that are friendly if firing at a moving auto?
Geez what if it was old Uncle Ted that was about 80 years old and simply got the brake confused with the accelerator and couldn't keep control?

I would run and seek cover also. We had an officer involved shooting yesterday here in Lumpkin. Supposedly guy tried to run over off duty cop, cop shot him. They were at a convenience store that's been robbed several times, so there are plenty of cameras outside to see what actually happened.

in the video---

I have thought about this for years, I have a mindset and know what I'm going to do. Anybody driving the car is probably high on some dope, and Allah inspired, and his little raghead is bobbing an weaving. I'm pumping as many rounds as I can into the radiator, and hope I can hit the oil pan, power steering pump, or electronics.

Damn man, any goat ****er that decides to mess with you better make sure he's ready for his 72 virgins.
Hahaha dude, I roll pretty heavy I'm always with an SBR, usually suppressed and got a plate Carrier with me. I never leave my NFA stuff unsecured but I won't go into detail on how I store it when I do dismount my vehicle, needless to say I love having a "long gun" within fighting distance. The scenario may seem far fetched but if I ever walked into something that was bigger than me I sure as F Can ranger peel outta there and fight back to my rifle

IMG_0350.JPG

Regardless, first round is gonna have some serious shift after it hits the windshield. Normally a 2-3" shift upwards (depending on the angle of the windshield). It will punch through, but may not necessarily expand because of the protective layers the windshield is made up of. But it will still hurt really bad no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom