Anyone else filling up their ignore list?

so when did the switch happen that ODT turned into a business? i guess no one buys or sells guns just because they enjoy it. gotta be some personal gain in it.

note to self - for future reference list everything high and make a profit. dont offer a good deal, always sell for more than i think its worth. have no shame in charging too much, and disregard all conscience.

If someone is willing to pay the price, how is that charging too much?

Funny thing is that no one is selling their stuff overpriced because they NEED the money. If they needed money they would have already sold it.

They're doing it to stroke their ego, so they have a story to tell. "Yeah, I sold that POS for $$$$$$." I put one over on that idiot. Ain't I cool?

Who are you to say who "needs" money or to say what someone else's motivation is?

Look, I don't "need" money right now, I'm doing ok. And I have some guns that I don't plan on ever selling. But if I woke up tomorrow and something I had is going for 5x what I paid for it, I might be tempted. I may not "need" that money, but what business is it of yours? Maybe there's just something else I WANT...is that not a good enough reason to take advantage of a sudden market fluctuation in my favor?

Exactly. I think something is worth x amount of dollars, but if you are willing to give me more than that cause it's worth more to you...I have no problem accepting that amount.
Yep. PMags are worth ten bucks to me and when I buy them, that is the price I pay. I won't spend 15 bucks for one because I don't need them, nor are they worth that to me. If for some reason I want to sell some, I price them at whatever people are willing to pay so long as it is more than they are worth to me.

Who are you to say who "needs" money or to say what someone else's motivation is?

Look, I don't "need" money right now, I'm doing ok. And I have some guns that I don't plan on ever selling. But if I woke up tomorrow and something I had is going for 5x what I paid for it, I might be tempted. I may not "need" that money, but what business is it of yours? Maybe there's just something else I WANT...is that not a good enough reason to take advantage of a sudden market fluctuation in my favor?
there is an idiot born every minute. i guess if someone is dumb enough to take the ride then stick it to 'em.

so when did the switch happen that ODT turned into a business? i guess no one buys or sells guns just because they enjoy it. gotta be some monetary gain in it.

note to self - for future reference list everything high and make a profit. dont offer a good deal, always sell for more than i think its worth. have no shame in charging too much, and disregard all conscience.

If its "too much" or "high" or "not a good deal", then it won't sell. It's not like anyone here is charging unpayable prices for something people can't live without.

But please answer my question about my $250 lower I sold.

The only reason I'm adding people is so that when I sell something I can weed them out. In a social thread I'll still open their comment, and respond to it if I feel like doing so. But I'm not going to buy or sell to them.

My CHOICE.

And I only use the term gouge when it's somebody radically overcharging for a necessity. I haven't seen any necessities sold on here, ever.

Roger That!!

It's amazing to see people staunchly supporting capitalism, while just a short while back, were railing against Adventure Outdoors for their pricing, dropping snide "GLWS" in the classifieds, etc

:)

It's amazing to see people staunchly supporting capitalism, while just a short while back, were railing against Adventure Outdoors for their pricing, dropping snide "GLWS" in the classifieds, etc

:)
people change their attitudes immensely depending on which side of the profit they are on.

Back
Top Bottom