• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone else get their property tax statement today?

Probably, but he likes to push my buttons. It gets old. I try not to say anything but he's always there with a smart ass comment. Sometimes I even like his posts. Oh well.
Some people do like to push your buttons and sometimes that’s been their sole intent, it seems. If you respond strongly though it’s like blood in the water and it starts a feeding frenzy. Not to be hypocritical, I have fallen for it too. And things have been relatively civil lately.

Liberal libertarian who wants pot legalized and other such liberal ideas meets staunchly conservative war veteran who doesn't like illegal drugs or hold ANY liberal "libertarian" beliefs.

What could possibly go wrong?
If those two were to meet their love and passion would spark a fire that would burn this world to the ground

The Cobb county taxes gotta go up to pay for the new braves stadium

The county allowed the braves to own EVERYTHING around the stadium that MAKES money , all the Restaraunt’s and bars etc .
The county only owns the stadium itself . Which is a total money loser .

I think Cobb has spent over $2 Billion of their taxpayers money on the stadium.

All without the knowledge or consent of the taxpayers footing the bill .

I live in Fulton Co. And own 2 properties. Assume it's going to be ugly when I open mine. On the positive side we are down to 12-15 more payments on our primary house.

I had a letter from a company called ownwell. Claim they'll process an appeal end to end without cost. You pay 25% of any bill reduction as their fee.

Tempted, but can't figure out if there's a catch, need to google them.

Edit, googled and seems to be legit. I'm going to try them as it's not something I'm going to do myself.
Do it yourself. You just file an appeal. They may not reduce your taxes but, will freeze them for 3 years.

I'd mentioned in the earlier post that I had gotten my property taxes for this year already and I had to pay half in May and the other half in December. Then a couple of posts of frustrating comments and basically cursing the tax system this that and the other. What really got me is when I made my December payment last year they had misquoted my propert value and I got a bill last month for the remainder of the part that I owed that was left over from December. So as you can see getting another bill this month after paying the December bill, then the bill last month for the adjusted amount and then again this month for 2023. I just got a little torqued at the constant influx of realestate taxes. Not to mention the property taxes yet come and the vehicle registration that is due this month. May is my birth month so it all hits at once. I would rather pay a little each month month for all these " I just rent my paid for house and auto ". Still makes my blood boil. It should be that after 55 years old you are not taxed on your outright owned properties and only taxed on properties you owe money on. I know that sounds ridiculous but if you spend all that money to take away those bills those items should be free and owned outright without taxation. Wishful thinking! Oh well just another day in the neighborhood. I guess I'll keep on plugging away while trying to keep an upbeat and positive attitude even though it can be very difficult at times.

If you stop and think about it, think of the population numbers in the United States and the amount of taxes that are collected each year. That total sum has to be a staggering amount of money.

Taxation without representation. Where have I heard of that before? I get absolutely nothing that I can think of from my county government for my tax dollars. What is it I am paying for other than poorly educating someone else's kids?

Back
Top Bottom