• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have ammo shipped and stolen?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
You’re not gonna believe this.
Ordered ammo online from a trusted seller I dealt with for years.
Got a pic and notice that it was delivered two days ago but People were home both days and was in and out of the house at the time it was delivered.
My internet was down because of a bad cable so my cameras didn’t work
And could not have been worse timing.

I Checked my phone last night to see that the box came but my dumb Azz did not set up email alerts for arrival.

There was a picture of the box on my porch but no box.

My wife was furious at me and I got zero sleep last night except for the bad dream I had getting chased (unarmed) by a really nasty mountain lion but I digress.

So this morning I start making phone calls and online research when my camera alerts me to a car in my driveway.
A dude get out of his car with a heavy box.
I went out and stopped him and asked if he was working for a private shopping company for fedex.
He said “ No they delivered your package to my house.”
I was like “They snapped a picture of the box on MY front porch “.
I was immediately skeptical of his story and I thought he stole my box and got nervous and was sneaking it back.
He said “Our front porches are so identical that it’s scary, even down to the welcome mat.”
He told his name and address and asked me to come take a look.
I told him I just might.
I thanked him and was happy I got my ammo back but was still skeptical.

So I went in house after he left and checked the picture.
I noticed our mosaic tile in our porches are freaking identical and our welcome mats are very similar but the writing is different and there was a small black pot on his porch and mine didn’t have one.
Dude…..can you feel my pain?

So the guy was telling the truth, I got my ammo back and now my wife can be happy at me again….lol.

What a cluster fluck of a night I had last night.

I think my days of buying online ammo are over.
I’m still going to contact FedEx and report their eff up.

Call Sportsman's guide and tell them you did not receive your product. They should file a claim against FEDEX then replace the shipment.
Check out my updated post.
As I was hit send in that original post a guy pulled in my driveway.
Can’t make this crap up.

Apparently those little numbers in front of the street name (or the actual street name, either) don’t seem to mean much to FedEx or UPS drivers.
On our NextDoor app, there’s always someone searching for (or trying to get to addressee), mis-delivered packages.

Apparently those little numbers in front of the street name (or the actual street name, either) don’t seem to mean much to FedEx or UPS drivers.
On our NextDoor app, there’s always someone searching for (or trying to get to addressee), mis-delivered packages.
They have a scanner with a built in GPS and many of them drop the package where the scanner says regardless of what the number on the house says. I know of some that will drop it in a cow pasture if that little red dot says that is where it is supposed to go. Hire the handicapped, what do you expect.

Reading is hard, numbers are more harder.

Check out my updated post.
As I was hit send in that original post a guy pulled in my driveway.
Can’t make this crap up.
I think I would send him a thank you note and maybe a gift card to a restaurant. Its very odd that people do the right things these days.

Back
Top Bottom