Anyone here like (or remember) MANWICH?

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
228   0
Reaction score
No! Not THAT KIND!
not that theres.gif

I mean the canned type that you add ground beef to in order to make a meal. As a kid I remember there being all kinds of yucky green bell peppers and onions and stuff in the sauce. Now, 50+ years later, I find myself buying a can to add to some ground beef and whoah! What a difference a few decades makes. The Manwich sauce I bought today was barely more than some ketchup with maybe a hint of Pad Thai sauce added. It is thinner than tomato sauce!

Anyone else remember the 70's version?

Attachments

• 20221005_190056.jpg
    20221005_190056.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 18
No! Not THAT KIND!
View attachment 4809659

I mean the canned type that you add ground beef to in order to make a meal. As a kid I remember there being all kinds of yucky green bell peppers and onions and stuff in the sauce. Now, 50+ years later, I find myself buying a can to add to some ground beef and whoah! What a difference a few decades makes. The Manwich sauce I bought today was barely more than some ketchup with maybe a hint of Pad Thai sauce added. It is thinner than tomato sauce!

Anyone else remember the 70's version?

Yup. Had it once a week growing up. Mom worked so it was what it was. Haven't brought myself to buy any as an adult.

Yup. Had it once a week growing up. Mom worked so it was what it was. Haven't brought myself to buy any as an adult.
Yeah, my mom worked too so we all kind of chipped in where we could to help. Making sloppy joes on mashed potatoes was something I could have ready when she got home from work (she called it, "Taking my smart pill.")

I remembered it being much thicker and chunky even. Not this stuff. It's about like taco sauce.

Back
Top Bottom