• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here like (or remember) MANWICH?

AEF69A54-C0BB-46E2-8A1D-6A82E85CD118.jpeg

The few occasions we have it I usually add a can of fire roasted rotel drained. It’s alright but not like momma made it growing up.

NOTHING is like MAMA made it. I still love sloppy joes. Problem I have is that my WIFE doesn't enjoy them as much as I do. :doh:

No! Not THAT KIND!
View attachment 4809659

I mean the canned type that you add ground beef to in order to make a meal. As a kid I remember there being all kinds of yucky green bell peppers and onions and stuff in the sauce. Now, 50+ years later, I find myself buying a can to add to some ground beef and whoah! What a difference a few decades makes. The Manwich sauce I bought today was barely more than some ketchup with maybe a hint of Pad Thai sauce added. It is thinner than tomato sauce!

Anyone else remember the 70's version?
I do remember Mama serving it weekly , like others I have not had in years.

Growing up mom worked two jobs and I had to fend for myself, learned how to brown hamburger meat at an early age, lived on hamburger helper and man which. Always had wonder bread to go with it, when money was tight we had potted meat and wonder bread. I still make and eat sloppy joes and hamburger helper but haven’t had potted meat in 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom