• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here straight razor shave?

Geeze, I just use an electric razor. I bought it on Amazon a few years ago and it's still going strong. The original price tag of roughly $100 was hefty but it's more than paid for itself. It gives a great shave.

Doesn't answer your question though, I just thought I'd throw it out there

I don't use a straight razor or a safety razor but I do use shave soap and a badger hair brush. I love a nice thick creamy lather.

IMG_20130723_182350_zpsd2e0dfff.jpg

I have been thinking about straight razor shaving for a while, it seems like it would be pretty scary to do for the first time. I have a few pocket knives that are sharp enough to shave with but I'm not going to put it to my face or neck. I had a discussion with my friend who uses a "safety" razor and we both agree, we would rather put the knife to our own necks than let somebody else do it.

So all that didn't help you at all, but good luck.

I've got an old ROLLS RAZOR that has it's own sharpening strop in the case. I guess it's classified as a straight razor, although it does have an adjustable guard. Never tried it, don't want to. Looks like it would slice a good thick chunk out of ya if you weren't careful. I'll stick to the 15 blade plastic cartridges with the built in radio. :D

Back
Top Bottom