• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here straight razor shave?

images

I may try the semi old school "Single Edge Razor", but I can't imagine using a straight razor. I would have to call in sick once a week because I would be heading to the hospital.

I may try the semi old school "Single Edge Razor", but I can't imagine using a straight razor. I would have to call in sick once a week because I would be heading to the hospital.

It really isn't that hard. You may get a tiny slice every once in a while. That being said, a single edge Ever Ready 1912 is my go to razor now that I have a full beard and I only have to shave my neck.

The biggest thing to remember to not cut yourself is this: don't place the razor on your face then start moving it. You will cut yourself every time. Always start the stroke with the razor off of your face then touch it to your face already moving. Sounds harder than it actually is.

Used to watch my Dad when I was a kid and he switched to Gillette in his 60's. I still have all his razors, brush and mug. Also most important tool you need is the strap. He used to sharpen before every shave. There was an art to it. Good luck and I may give a try in his honor.

Last edited:
Used to watch my Dad when I was a kid and he switched to Gillette in his 60's. I still have all his razors, brush and mug. Also most important tool you need is the strap. He used to sharpen before every shave. There was an art to it. Good luck and I may give a try in his honor.

"Nothing to but to do it..."

Back
Top Bottom