• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone here straight razor shave?

After breaking in my first ... bad ... badger ...WHOA! you can really tell the difference. For some reason I can't get that ... lather in my bowl ... but now I just build the lather in the palm of my hand, maybe the friction from my hand builds a better lather, faster.

jenbugblogs.files.wordpress.com_2012_10_brownchickenbrowncow1.jpg

I want to start. Which brand to use? Powder cream? It look like a very cool thing to do. Never tried it.

Really?? Are you suicidal? :)

Cutting your hands, and you foot once, should be a good indication that you really don't need to put a razor sharp blade anywhere near your throat! I use an Ikon safety razor...works awesome and saves me a ton of cash on blades. I use the soap/cream, Badger brush and a barbers cup. Try starting there and work your way up to the straight razor. Now, buying a straight razor for EDC would be pretty cool!

Really?? Are you suicidal? :)

Cutting your hands, and you foot once, should be a good indication that you really don't need to put a razor sharp blade anywhere near your throat! I use an Ikon safety razor...works awesome and saves me a ton of cash on blades. I use the soap/cream, Badger brush and a barbers cup. Try starting there and work your way up to the straight razor. Now, buying a straight razor for EDC would be pretty cool!

Maybe it can serve as double duty. Edcing a razor is pretty much awesome!

My wife tried to stab me with a razor the morning she caught me shaving my balls with her razor. But for your question no, haven't tried old school razor shave. Went to an old school barber when I was like 7 or 8 and lady cleaned neck line with one though, kinda scared me away from it.

I use to straight razor shave before I grew a beard. It isn't that hard to do as far as not cutting yourself. Takes a little practice to get the shave great. Google whipped dog and buy a kit from him then if you like it you can buy a pretty new Dovo or restored old razor. Also check out straightrazorplace.com and badgerandblade.com

Last edited:
This is my Dovo. The model is called black star.

I gotten it from Stan Wilson the custom knife maker. I am still shopping around for a badger brush and mug.

There is nothing like a good shave with a straight razor. Just not in my hands - LOL.
Alpharetta barber shop shave about once a month. Awesome - rest of the time = saftey

Back
Top Bottom