• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone paying attention to CT?

They may not be able to but I bet their computers can. :tinfoil3:

They started taking NFA stuff by computer and are still 3 months behind.
Unless they have something specific they are after, I don't think they care if little johnny is mad because he couldn't make a deal with his jennings 22, or that sombody put a knife through the trigger guard to prop a gun up.

Whats the state doing about the civil disobedience? Have they actually done anything yet?

Not really, they were considering re-opening the registration, you know for the folks who forgot or didn't get the memo.

Expectation IMO is they will ignore it and just catch the onesy and twosy by accident or when serving other warrents, investigating other issues etc.

I think they understand that if they/the state screens their data base for who got cleared for a past "Assault Weapon" purchase vs. who registered an "Assault Weapon" and sent troops to confiscate them it would trigger an armed revolt. However, many politicians are not too perceptive of just what their actions will result in and in CT. we will see if just enough exist to create a spark.

It will be a good litmus test. The bottom line is the gun grabbers got the impossible to happen; confiscations and no matter how successful they are they can use it as a spring board for other states where they have a foot hold. They can splatter it all over CNN and MSNBC and all the government controlled media hubs for all to see. The low information people and the average citizen who does not really care about guns will go "Ok great they are reducing guns" and they will communicate this neutral to positive message to the pollsters who will again reiterate it through CNN MSNBC and the middle of the road reprobate politicians including many republicans will go "Huh maybe being pro gun control will help me get elected" and they will start capitulating with groups like MAIG and Citizens for a Responsible Community. It will create a surge towards more gun control and it really won't matter what state you live in pretty soon. This will give the Fed enough momentum to slip something through like the UN small arms treaty perhaps and BAMM just like that the whole paradigm will shift. You may have high cap mags or semi-autos(which by the way are considered assault weapons and are already banned in Connecticut, Massachusetts, NY etc) and I bet my last dollar folks with families who have jobs they need to support them and every day lives will be a whole lot more hesitant to pack those high cap mags and semi auto rifles in their range bags and throw them in the trunk. Felonies have a strange way of reeking havoc in a everyday persons lives. They will sit in the crawl space, basement ,safe or secret hiding spot just like those folks in Connecticut who own them now are putting them since now they are illegal. We will see how many gun owners in Connecticut who are on the list (some 350,000 some odd folks) and really do get a knock on the door becuase they do have LEO's that will be making home visits and I am inclined to believe not one officer gets his/her head blown off by one of these folks that I hear all the time going "if they come for my guns they'll be eating lead" because at the end of the day giving up the AR or giving up my family, cars, house, career and possibly life will possibly be a no brainer for the average guy who works hard for what little he has. I hear people say "well Americans are tough and we stand up for our rights and our country" I say oh yeah then why are we letting left wing extremists, global oligarchs and foreign nationals as well as Corporate fascists decimate our Constitution, Bill of Rights on a daily basis. Why do we allow our politicians to commit blatant crimes and acts of Tyranny against us with absolutely no accountability day after day month after month. One reason we are as done as a burnt steak on a Weber grill. The irony is we still try to chew the meat and pretend it's Fillet Minoun. So I say enjoy the guns and this illusion of freedom for however long we have them maybe a couple of years if we are lucky and then we can tell our Grand Kids about this great country we used to live in. Call me an alarmist, negative, conspiracy theorist but guess what it doesn't matter because it's too late the gears are in motion and unfolding on a daily basis in HD, Surround Sound right in your living room you don't even need to get up and crack a newspaper open. Sit your fat butt down, grab some fatty food brimming with chemical preservatives, cheap beer and watch the whole crap show go down live for your entertainment! That's the American Way!

Back
Top Bottom