• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone reloading Sierra GameKing SBT 55gr for AR

ErfurtLuger

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
163   0
Reaction score
So I got some .22 cal Sierra GM bullets (#1365) for my AR that I would like to reload. I have 2 reloading manuals and neither has data for this bullet. I have data for other 55gr bullets but the OAL they show is 2.260" which I believe is on the long side. What's your load?

Ive loaded at 2.26 in AR in 55gr fmj and I believe hollows and softs but without looking at my notes cant say for sure for that projectile.
As long as it feeds and chambers fine the extra length wont be a function issue, but may affect velocity and possibly accuracy.

Check to see what is the minimum length suggestion is, check it in the mag, trying loading one in the chamber, KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!!!!!

if it feeds and it meets recommended min. then you may decide to try it.

Any reason you like that overall length?

Factory Wichester PPs measure roughly 2.206, TulAmmo rounds measure 2.240, my manual says 2.260 and I believe this length should be fine for bolt action rifles but unsure about the AR, I have never reloaded for my AR!

We reload the 223, hang the bullet out as far as possible as long as it will load in the chamber and fit in the mag with no problems.

only a suggestion, good luck, and keep'em in the 10X ring..............

Remember, the shorter that overall length the less room in the case which translates to higher case pressures. Dont believe those lengths will cause any problems with a load range as stated in the powder mfr specs.

What if a load it at 2.23"-2.24", will it be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom