• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone tried Nutrisystem to lose weight?

You can do it brother. A few months back, my Dr told me I HAD to lose at least 50 lbs, 70 would be better. My 9 yr old weighs 70 lbs, so I have to lose my 9 yr old.

My oldest son has a good set of cast iron weights, bench, etc. I work out 3-4 times a week. I kayak either Saturday or Sunday. Instead of floating down stream and fishing, I now paddle upstream hard for 10-15 min without stopping and fish. Then paddle up 10-15, etc.

I drink a protein shake and eat a boiled egg driving to work. Eat fruit/raw vegetables and drink a glass of Metamucil around 9-10 am. Light lunch. Another healthy snack around 2. Glass of Metamucil on my way home around 4. Really light dinner. Drink a ton of water and the thing that hurts the most....NO BEER.
I have lost 30 lbs since the 1st of August. Those 1st 30 were easy. The next 40 are gonna suck.

I need to amend this. Apparently, my scales at home are 15 lbs off. I went to the doctor today and I have only lost 15 lbs (dammitt), but I guess it's a good start.

I gave up sugar, pasta and bread June 1st. Since then i've lost 50lbs. The 1st two weeks are the hardest. Suffer through them and it gets a lot easier. Cravings and headaches go away and your palate opens up so that you can appreciate other flavors. Another awesome benefit, for me at least, has been the lack of heart burn since i started. That in itself has made it 100% worth it for me. Good luck and Godbless.

Carb concious as i call it works - lost 20 nagging pounds left over from quitting smoking pretty easily over 2 months - been following carb concious for 3 years - any diet you can snack on pork rinds is a good diet......

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

about 20 years ago, my mother used the Nutrisystem for a while --maybe four or five months. She lost weight when she stuck to the plan, but she did a lot of cheating.
The meals did not taste good. They weren't filling; they weren't satisfying. She had a lot of cravings, so sometime she would indulge those cravings and that reduced the effectiveness of the N.S. plan.

I agree with Zeake, I'm type 2 diabetic and tried their diabetic type diet my wife ordered. first of all left a lot to be desired where taste is concerned and second it was very high in carbs as much or sometimes more than regular comparable food or snack. what I was started on didn't look anything like the meals you see advertised on TV. Whether it was my wife doing the order or it was what they sent according to the program but over all it generally sucked.To their credit they did let us return it with no problems. I would have just dumped it in the trash if they hadn't let me return it. Overall my impression was pretty negative based mostly on taste and quality of food.

I read this book The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Dr. Jason Fung
It changed my life. I'm 6'4" and I was 350lbs around this time last year. Now I'm at 240lbs and I will continue to drop more. I also follow Dr Eric Berg on YouTube. I have been doing a modified keto diet with lots of leafy green veggies and with intermittent fasting, alternate day fasting, with omad on most days. I've also have done some long term fasting 24hr, 36hr, 48hr, 72hr, 5 day, 7 day, 15 days. The key is to get your body fat adapted to start burning your own body fat as fuel. It's really about making life style changes for the health of it.

Back
Top Bottom